First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal Officer, Corporate Transactional Support
Job Identification: 365
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Shift: Day
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides, under the guidance of the Team Lead, legal advisory services in respect of various contracts to SBUs, SRFs and the Bank’s subsidiaries with respect to structured finance, project finance, international trade, oil & gas financing, derivatives, telecommunications financing (operators, service providers and dealers) highlighting the Bank’s attendant obligations, privileges and rights and consequences of breach of such contracts
- Researches and prepares legal opinions on basic day-to-day issues bothering on the Unit’s activities.
- Attending meetings with SBUs and other SRFs for purposes of negotiating terms and conditions of commercial transaction to be entered into by the Bank.
- Prepares the drafts of all species of local and cross-border Bonds and Guarantees and vets/reviews drafts of same prepared by counterparties to ensure there are no adverse clauses and that the interest of the Bank is adequately protected and understudies the Team Lead and
- Guarantee Supervisors in the Department in the art of Bonds and Guarantee drafting and reviews.
- Supports the Team Lead in the actualization of numerous product and service offerings, alliances, partnerships and other synergistic relationships created by the Products & Channels Unit.
- Prepares, reviews and vets a wide range of documentation, including but not limited to letter of domiciliation, Indemnities, Irrevocable Remittance Undertakings, Irrevocable Standard Payment Orders, Letters of Comfort, Letters of Support, Letters of Intent, etc.
- Works with External Solicitors to verify genuineness of Letters of Administration and probate documents
- Follows up on External Counsel on briefs assigned to them, including but not limited to the processes involved in the preparation and filing of legal pleadings, motions, etc
- Ensures compliance with the principles and policies contained in the Business Continuity Management Handbook.
- Assists the Team Lead and Unit Head in the Unit’s involvement in, and compliance with the Bank’s Information Security Management Policies, Business Continuity Management, BS25999, ISO 27001, and initiatives, internal audit outcomes and compliance with recommendations, ICAFAS, Business Performance Management, PSQA etc.
- Prepare Loan Agreements, Corporate Guarantees, Sales & Collection Agreements, Letters of Hypothecation, Equipment Leases, Deeds of Release etc.
- Conducts, analyzes, and interprets searches on Certificates of Registration/Incorporation of corporate entities.
- Supports the Team Lead and Unit Head in the provision of general advisory services to the Bank’s subsidiaries.
- Ensures compliance with the principles and policies contained in the Information Security Handbook.
- First Degree in Law and Professional Certificate of Barrister at Law (compulsory).
- Two years post call, legal practice in chambers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th November, 202, 04:21 PM
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.