Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
Job Type: Full Time
- Directing, coordinating and supervising groupwide legal matters.
- Monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring external counsel.
- Attending and maintaining of minutes in respect of group meetings.
- Providing and implementing recommendations on the group’s corporate governance framework, ensuring that the group not only adheres to legal requirements but to global corporate governance best practices.
- Liaising with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
- Tracking and maintaining records of regulatory developments within the group’s industries and reporting such developments to management.
- Ensuring timely filing of statutory returns.
- Preparing legal templates required for business processes and engagements; negotiating contracts with counterparties.
- Identifying and forecasting legal risks and advising on legal risk mitigation.
- Acting as company secretary.
- A Law Degree with excellent grades and qualified to practice law in Nigeria.
- 2-5 years post qualification work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants that have worked in top-tier law firms.
- English (excellent oral & writing skills).
- French (oral & writing skills) will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven law firm or in-house experience and background in Nigerian law and regulations particularly power, employment, project financing, investment law, company law and general corporate advisory.
- Proven background on liaising with regulatory authorities in Nigeria.
- High degree of personal maturity with the ability to lead conversations and negotiate with high profile counterparts.
- Ability to critically analyse complex problems and provide structured solutions.
- Comfortable with working as part of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if necessary.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Possess keen eyes for details.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office applications in particular, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in managing and dealing with high-profile counterparts with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.