Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate founded in 1996 and headquartered Lagos. Sahara Group has business operations across the energy and infrastructure value chain including the upstream, midstream, downstream, power, real estate and infrastructure. We deploy our deep knowledge and insight into the African energy and infrastructure sectors to seek out entrepreneurial opportunities based on which we deploy market leading businesses. Our vision is to become “the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- The Learning and Development Manager will play a critical role in the day-to-day learning and development (L&D) activities and within the HR team and Sahara Group in general. This role will manage and coordinate all L&D activities but also partner with business managers, other members of the POD department, and HR.
- Key deliverables include design and delivery of Organization wide and function specific learning solutions and support in the capability development and change management process required to transform Sahara into an Agile and Learning Organization.
- The role holder will be required to bring innovation and create exciting learning content and experience through leveraging interactive, social media and mobile technology to drive assimilation and application of learning content across the organization.
- The role holder will be responsible for creating strong and effective Informal learning environment across the business.
- Successful candidate will manage Sahara’s learning assets both physical and virtual.
- Manage the transformation and ongoing maintenance of the Training Center into a world class center of learning.
- Develop a rich and expert base faculty (internal and external including vendor management) that will help ensure skill and knowledge transfer and cross migration of ideas.
- Develop and nurture a culture of Mentoring and Coaching within the Group.
- Generate periodic reports on Learning activities to Group HR
- Development of learning curriculum and content that drives Line Managers People Management capability.
- Support in design and execution of Workshops and training events
- Play active role in the execution of Sahara’s overall Learning Strategy
- Work with business and line Managers to design learning transfer solutions to maximize learning investment.
- Periodic generation of insights to help drive practical and innovative learning decisions and actions.
- Promote and establish E-learning and social media platforms as a viable learning platform.
- Manage the training budget, including apportioning funds across the Group and monitoring cost.
- Executive Directors
- Managing Directors and Business Heads
- Head, Group HR and HR Heads of other entities
- HR Business Partners
- Service providers, Vendors and Consultants.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Minimum 2.2)
- Relevant professional HR Certification would be an added advantage
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of People management and vendor management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- 7 years of Cognate experience, 4 of which should in Learning & Development.
- Excellent communication and counseling skills with demonstrated ability to share knowledge
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.