Lex Artifex LLP is a business and commercial law firm in Nigeria serving its clients internationally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lawyer
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will:
- Coordinate the provision of legal advisory services for the law firm on matters of intellectual property law, legal due diligence, debt recovery, corporate and commercial law, litigation, etc.
- Operate from the Federal Capital Territory, especially from the axis of Area 1, Abuja.
- Be knowledgeable with global trends in trademark, patent, and industrial design matters.
- Take and maintain safe custody of all original and copies of law firm documents as well as clients’ documents.
- Represent the law firm before courts, tribunals, and at government ministries, departments and agencies.
- Manage relationships for the law firm with government lawyers and private lawyers.
- Ensure timely processing of all law firm and clients’ matters.
- Keep the law firm up to date with all pending matters that directly or indirectly affect the law firm’s clients.
- Ensure that all necessary statutory documents and returns are made under relevant legislation and filed with the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Articulate and develop the law firm’s strategy, strategic objectives, and provide support in its execution.
- Coordinate the execution of the law firm’s work program and plans.
- Keep abreast of changes and practice procedures in intellectual property law and in other fields of business law.
- Provide advisory services on issues that relate to legal and regulatory procedures.
- Advise on and take action on all assigned law firm clients’ matters.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Chairman of the law firm.
- Must be called to the Nigeria Bar.
- Must be mature with a high level of confidentiality, responsibility, and discipline.
- Should have an understanding of business law, especially intellectual property law.
- Willingness to work extra hours when required in order to achieve set goals.
- Ability to work remotely without supervision.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the objectives and principles of an international business law firm.
- Must be male, with a sense of innovativeness, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make representations on behalf of the law firm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.