Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maternal and New Born / Contraception Technical Advisor
Job ID.: MATER01137
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provides technical leadership in SRHR program areas (MNH and Contraception) by promoting evidence-based best practices to achieve quality in health care. Collaborates with project teams on project activities to deliver excellence and quality SRHR services (MNH and Contraception) that are client-centered and right-based in order to achieve women’s agency and autonomy.
- Collaborates with other members of the project team to ensure that deliverables meet the needs of intended populations. With capacity building and developing as a guiding principle, engages closely with country teams, government, and/or local NGOs on the design, management, and monitoring of all field-based programs. Coordinate with project teams to assess technical and training needs to review and adapt training materials and contribute to scaling up successful experiences in implementing best practices in clinical and community settings that lead to increased use of family planning services.
- Ensures that the project team draws on state-of-the-art knowledge and practices in the areas specific to the program area. Partners with other technical advisors to enable the policy, research, and programs that benefit women, girls, and communities. Please note: this opportunity requires fluency in French and English.
Key Job Outcomes
- Provides strategic technical leadership and expertise to project sites on the implementation of high-quality SRHR products and services at community levels. Leads in the development of or providing technical assistance in the global and country-specific approaches, tools, and materials supporting tailored approaches for intended populations in SRHR Builds on existing tools and develops or adapts innovative approaches to ensure efficiency, acceptability, and impact of SRHR and products and services.
Programming Design and Implementation:
- Co-leads in the design, development, and implementation of innovative, effective, country appropriate SRHR programming
- Provides technical assistance to country offices, host-country governments, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and develop SRHR standards and guidance, and/or provide SRHR services that are responsive to the needs of intended populations.
- provide clinical guidance to Pathfinder as needed for the delivery of excellence in Pathfinder supported programs
- Collaborates with other USAID project teams, WHO and other donors, and country-based entities in the development and implementation of SRHR services to bring a broad range of resources to meet multiple needs of intended populations.
- Works with the technical teams to ensure that best practices for SRHR services and service integration are well documented, evaluated, and poised for scale-up. Coaches and builds teams to optimize staff performance programming, target setting, and project work plan and scale-up.
- Represents Pathfinder International to external organizations and audiences at professional meetings and conferences as assigned
Liaison with Key Stakeholders:
- Liaises and coordinates with key stakeholders, including USAID country missions, other donors and USG agencies, and international and local partners such as Bureau for Global Health, World Health Organization, IBP, Align MNH to play a highly proactive role in repositioning family planning as preventive health and socioeconomic development intervention and to share lessons and technical
Support Proposal development:
- Contribute to proposal development by providing technical guidance to ensure that best practices and evidence-based interventions are reflected in proposals.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies;
- Country-Specific Public Health System:Advanced knowledge of the public health systems in francophone countries in sub-Saharan Africa
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Deep knowledge of SRHR and sexual and reproductive health principles (client-centered, reproductive rights and justice,) practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR.
- Program Operations and Development: Proven skills in designing, implementing, and monitoring of SRHR programs preferably those funded by USAID, WHO, or other donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Quality Improvement: Extensive knowledge and experience in client-centeredness framework and quality improvement approaches, processes and tools
- Technical Assistance: Proven skills and expertise in providing technical assistance in SRHR to country and project teams and ensure that best practices are rolled out in projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Policy: Sufficient experience in advocacy including working with CSOs and other stakeholders to influence policy change.
- Networking and external representation: Proven engagement in regional SRHR related regional networks, platforms, and forums as well as building
- Proposal Development: Mastery of skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization, and proven ability to raise substantial research/development
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills in English and French
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional
- Presentation Skills: Proven ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Required: Clinical degree, medical degree, midwifery, nurse practitioner, or related.
- Required: 10 years experience in working in international development, preferably in implementing programs in SRHR programs in developing countries
- Required: Excellent French writing and oral skills
- Required: Experience living or working in developing countries that aids in the understanding of program context, field realities, and technical needs
- Prefer: Experience with USAID, BMGF, and LAD funded projects
- Prefer: Experience in project design and technical assistance to project teams
- Travel required (at least 25%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone, laptop or desktop computer
- Location: Any country where Pathfinder operates
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: West Africa Regional Advocacy Manager
Job ID.: WESTA01135
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provides strategic support in advancing Pathfinder’s programming and leadership on sexual and reproductive health and rights. Represents Pathfinder in external forums/meetings. Liaises with key stakeholders, including local governments, partners, and donors in achieving projects’ outcomes.
- Develops new programs and business opportunities. Supports advocacy initiatives of ongoing projects. Manages an integrated public policy program that monitors and responds to current and emerging trends in legislative and regulatory actions that affect sexual and reproductive health funding and policies in assigned coverage areas and globally.
- Works on advocacy projects to enhance resource commitment and to raise the priority of a population’s welfare program within the operational format of public sector undertakings supported by grant assistance.
- Plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and holds review sessions to observe progress against objectives of the project and drives home the main points of improving commitment and resource allocation for population welfare.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Advocacy Policy and Programming Strategy: Seeks to develop SRHR champions in advocacy, policy communications, and negotiations including government, women leaders, and civil society. Works with Advocacy Director to determine organizational and regional/global advocacy and policy priorities. Works to influence country government in program planning and allocation of resources/funds from approved project plans.
- Relationship Management: Fosters and facilitates relationships with a broad range of key stakeholders, specific development partners based on assigned coverage area, donors, government representatives, and the political class through the development of networks. Ensures that the advocacy messages and communication tactics are disseminated in an effective manner. Lends support to the mapping of potential regional, and in-country/external donors.
- Advocacy Planning and Implementation: Leads country-level advocacy efforts to improve family planning, AYSRH, and comprehensive abortion care in the assigned coverage areas. Supports the Advocacy Director in the development of annual work planning, design, implementation, and reporting related to policy and advocacy technical activities within the region. Establishes communication and partnerships among other organizations, especially SRHR groups, to ensure an informed and coordinated response to policies, and an increased engagement by country organizations in advocacy.
- Technical Advising: Conceptualizes and provides leadership support for technical activities in SRHR policy, advocacy, and other related areas. Stays up-to-date on key developments in SRHR policy in developing countries in order to inform technical support activities in Pathfinder programs. Provides guidance and assistance to country programs in monitoring and evaluation and documentation of policy and advocacy results. Identifies opportunities to scale up family planning, AYSRH, and comprehensive abortion care in other states or countries. Conducts consultations to identify opportunities.
- Project Planning and Budgeting Support: Supports the concerned state or country governments in assigned coverage areas in planning and budgeting of programs.
- Learning and Development: Contributes to learning and sharing processes within the country to identify relevant advocacy and policy directions and build consensus among staff on key issues.
- Advocacy Reports and Documentation: Prepares SRHR policy analyses, recommendations, policy briefs, and assessments for Pathfinder programs. Coordinates the dissemination of policy materials to audiences at the local, national, regional, and global levels. Develops and shares reports with concerned officials.
- Visibility: Serves as a public face for Pathfinder in the realm of global SRHR advocacy policy, especially in the assigned coverage areas. Facilitates stakeholder consultation and meetings at the regional, national and sub-national levels. Represents Pathfinder in the SRHR policy area at regional and global forums, as well as with others in the professional community and countries. Identifies and participates in engagements on SRHR to expand Pathfinder’s leadership in key technical areas.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies
- Politics and Legislative Process: Foundational knowledge of countries’ politics and legislative processes in the assigned coverage areas.
- Research: Ability to review and synthesize published and unpublished materials (especially relating to global health, global development, health policy, and US foreign assistance).
- Strategies on Policy Issues: Advanced skills in strategic communications with the public sector, private organizations, and policymakers about relevant legislation, policies, and procedures relating to SRHR.
- Advocacy Technical Solutions: Advanced skills in the SMART Advocacy approach, providing technical assistance, writing technical reports, and policy briefs targeted to decision-makers.
- Relationship Management: Advanced knowledge of donor relationship management, reporting, and program work planning.
- Branding: Proven ability to create and deliver stories from the countries for use in U.S. advocacy.
- Advocacy: Advanced advocacy skills with advocacy assignments and tasks in the development sector projects.
- Public Sector Budget Process: Advanced knowledge and skills in budget advocacy, including the budget formulation process of the public sector in the assigned coverage area.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services of assigned program, including program strategies and indicators.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills; Ability to present to large and small groups. Ability to lead in facilitating meetings with key stakeholders.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues within an individual’s area of expertise.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. In-depth demonstrated customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning, and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning, and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Required Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in public health, public administration, public policy, or related field
- 7 years experience working in public policy or policy advocacy with an advocacy organization or an organization that implements international health and development projects
- Prefer: Experience in developmental work on sexual and reproductive health in assigned coverage areas and globally.
- Prefer: Expertise in citizen-led accountability work.
- Prefer: Experience in practical fieldwork in sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Travel required (up to 30%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters