Semicolon – We are a social enterprise creating employment and economic opportunities by training software engineers and techpreneurs. Technology has the power to transform entire industries and the lives of everyday Nigerians. However, companies and entrepreneurs seeking to develop innovative solutions are faced with the same issue: they struggle to find employees with the skills required to design and develop their technology. Across industries, from finance to agriculture to education, companies are searching for Nigerians skilled in software engineering, design, and project management, and too often are not able to find what they need. We are addressing this gap and building a thriving technology sector in Nigeria by developing talent and fostering innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Animator
Employment Type: Full-time
- An Animator performs a number of different tasks, with the end goal of creating visual works that can be displayed through different media sources, including film, TV, websites, and social media, Learning platforms, etc. This role requires storyboarding, drawing using physical and digital tools, creating frames for animation, and pulling frames together into moving pictures.
- We are looking for a disciplined and artistic person with a firm grasp of animation techniques, fundamentals, and software. The Animator will read through scripts and speak with clients to understand project needs, create storyboards and animations, and assist in the editing process.
- Our ideal Animator will work with our team of Software Engineering facilitators, content writer(s), and product delivery team to interpret written tech and other contents in visual forms, in a way that is less technical and appealing to non-techies.
- Core responsibility is to: Create, mostly 2D animated learning/course contents, and 3D animations for adverts. These may require you to:
- Liaise with clients and develop animation from the conceptualization stage.
- Create storyboards that depict the script and narrative.
- Design models, backgrounds, sets, characters, objects, and the animation environment
- Develop the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object during the sequence of images and ensure they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements
- Build accurate, detailed, frame-by-frame visuals
- Record dialogue and edit to composite the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters, and graphics) in order to produce the finished piece.
- Work to production deadlines and meet clients’ commercial requirements.
- Work as part of a broader production team, which might include liaising with our content writer(s), photographers, designers, project delivery team, account executives, and marketing specialists.
- Deliver presentations and general progress reports.
- Deal with diverse business cultures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in any discipline, preferably Computer Animation, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or related field.
- Minimum of two years industry-standard work experience as an animator, especially, with expertise in 2D animation, and commendable 3D Animation skills.
- Further education, experience, proficiency, certification, and (or) skills in the following fields: animation, art and design, computer-aided engineering, design for moving image, film and video, graphics design / illustration, model making or sculpture, multimedia, spatial design) is an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of animation, storytelling, and character development techniques.
- Ability to apply creativity and intuitiveness to produce original and aesthetically pleasing designs and solution
- Ability to use specialist computer generation software such as Maya, flash, and after-effects.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation
- Attention to detail, adaptability, and receptiveness to feedback and direction.
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team to develop animations and solve problems.
- Other requirements as specific to our organization.
Job Title: Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract: Full-time, Physical.
- A technical product manager is a product manager who also has a technical background. He or she is able to provide product vision, create a roadmap, and bring a product to life. These product managers understand the company’s technology at a deep level, actively search for any issues or problems, fix them, and can interact with the product owners and development team to lead the strategy for the product.
- They are the glue between the business side and the technical side of an organization.
- Technical product managers are directly responsible for the success of a product. They make sure that the product is fulfilling all product offerings.
- They actively work with the engineering team to create and modify products to fulfill customer needs. Working with cross-functional teams, technical product managers play a role in the development, marketing, selling, and support of a product. Their input is usually from an engineering and design point of view.
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Create and manage product maps.
- Execute and manage project vision.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations and product team. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow technology trends in the industry whilst looking for gap(s).
- Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Integrating usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements.
- Study competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product.
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities.
- Assess and address technical risks.
- Ideating, prioritizing, and coordinating the development of innovative products.
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Work with project management software.
- Coordinate beta tests.
- Defining and analyzing metrics that ensure the success of products.
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Explore new ways of improving existing services and products
- Working with a team of talented engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to bring products to life
- Designing and implementing strategies to grow our user/customer base
- Provide product training and technical expertise
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and development teams
- Bachelor’s degree or MSc. One in Computer Science, Engineering, Information technology or a related discipline could be of advantage.
- 5 years+ industry-standard Experience.
- Industry-standard experience in Total Product Maintenance (TPM), Scrum, technical PMS (Product Management Systems), and Agile systems.
- Industry-standard experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies, and others.
- Skilled with user interface, product management, and business process
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and technical skills
- A demonstration of curiosity, love for learning, creativity, execution, and speed.
- An ability to visualize technology solutions that address user needs and market opportunities
- Readiness to face unpredictable situations and come up with the best solutions backed by data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Adaptable and excellent learning agility
- User-centricity, data-driven, extraction, and analysis
- An eye for design and experimentation
- People skills and quick decision making
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate dedication to your craft and desire to work with people who inspire you on a daily basis.
Job Title: Content Writer
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Content Developer is responsible for developing a company’s content strategy, as well as creating its deliverables. “Content “ is a broad term that can refer to blog posts, static web copy, podcasts, and video content. As a content person, your responsibilities also include the technical aspect of content creation, such as basic HTML formatting and Search Engine Optimization(SEO).
- We are seeking a creative, dedicated individual to join our team as a Content Developer.
- Our ideal candidate will work with the marketing team to create original content for, but not limited to, our website and advert purposes for both traditional and digital media, alongside technical content. You must adhere to SEO/SEM best practices.
- You will also work with our technical team to rewrite technical content into a form that is less technical and appealing to non-techies.
- Come up with content goals and strategies and pitch ideas to the Marketing and Communications Directors.
- Collaborate with other departments and team members and brainstorm subjects for creative content.
- Create unique, simple-to-understand, and user-friendly content using good SEO techniques.
- Write new web content and edit existing content.
- Edit and proofread new content before publication.
- Manage the distribution of content through our various channels, including social media.
- Analyze performance indicators and web traffic and determine the effectiveness of created content.
- Interpret and re-write technical and software development/engineering training content prepared by our facilitators into a form that is less technical and appealing to non-techies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of HND or Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, preferably Marketing, Mass Communication, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years industry-standard work experience in marketing and technical content writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft office and / or G-suite tools.
- Digital Savviness
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Advance knowledge of SEO.
- Viable Content Marketer with good copywriting skills.
- Good knowledge of content management software such as, but not limited to, WordPress, Asana.
- Basic knowledge of Graphic design software, such as Adobe Photoshop; Animation Softwares, e.g., Flash.
- Basic knowledge of Programming is advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Digital communication skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Analytical skills
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV preferably in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 21st April, 2021.