Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instructional Designer
Location: Sangotedo-Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Instructional Designer supports faculty in course development/design processes, evaluates course design and instructional practices, and coordinates and develops instructional materials in any modality, including face-to-face, in order to enhance the pedagogy of any class.
- The Instructional Designer – investigates educational technologies and works in collaboration with faculty to design, develop, effectively utilize, and evaluate the instructional environment and learning materials in order to meet the teaching and learning goals of faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with faculty in any teaching modality, including online, blended, and face-to-face in order to enhance the pedagogy of any class.
- Works with faculty on the development of online and blended courses and ensures course quality through the appropriate blend of pedagogy and technology based on learning theory and instructional design practices.
- Provides consultations and serves as a resource to faculty on the design, development, evaluation, and revision of learning outcomes, course modality, high-impact learning practices, and accessibility issues, copyright, and effective assessment strategies.
- Supports faculty use of instructional technologies through training and tutorials, troubleshooting, and providing other support services as needed.
- Improves the level of understanding of the instructional ecosystem by providing webcasts, workshops, and other resources in support of research-based learning.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, attending training and/or courses as directed by the Director, Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Contributes to the overall success of the online, blended, and face-to-face education program by performing all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, Educational Technology or a related discipline is required; a Master’s degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or a related discipline is preferred.
- Experience: With a Bachelor’s degree as described above at least 3 years of instructional design or related experience is required. With a Master’s degree as described above at least two years of experience is required. Experience working with a Course Management System and other instructional technology is required. Experience with online teaching and face-to-face instruction in a college environment is required. Experience working with both Macintosh and Windows platforms is preferred. Graphic Design experience is preferred.
- Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to work effectively with staff and multi-disciplinary teams. Expertise and competencies in instructional design, the practice of educational development, and adult learning theory are required. Knowledge of best practices in instructional technologies, online, blended, and face-to-face pedagogy is required. Skill in designing and delivering training programs that focus on instructional technology and practices used in the improvement of instructional effectiveness is required. A demonstrable knowledge of web design principles and experience creating web pages is preferred.
- Other: The scope of the position occasionally requires attendance and participation at evening and weekend activities and workshops. Occasional travel to workshops, seminars, and professional development and University events is required.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 17th January, 2021.