Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Reconciliation Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Consumer Finance
Career Level: Entry Level
Reports To: Finance Operations Manager
About The Role
- The Junior Reconciliation Officer will provide support to department activities with specific responsibility for the processing, recording, updating and reconciling financial information.
- The Officer will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail.
- This role will utilize good teamwork, strong accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success.
- Perform POS/bank reconciliations, analyse, investigate and resolve variances and reconciling items.
- Review and reconcile third party and Pagatech transactions to ensure accurate billing in a timely manner.
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with financial legal requirements.
- Effectively and efficiently manage resolution of disputed transactions in collaboration with customer support and the affected business partner.
- Assisting with month-end and year-end tasks.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 2:1 (Preferably in Finance / Accounting)
- At least 1 – 2 years’ relevant experience in demonstrable experience.
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Problem solving skills
- Time management skills
- Strong MS Office skills, especially WORD and EXCEL
- Attention to details
- Speed and accuracy
- Task ownership
- Ability to learn fast.
- Communication skills
- Self- driven and hardworking
- Detail oriented
- Good team player
- Multitask and manage competing priorities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.