The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is one ofthe leading not-for-profit organizations in Nigeria and the African Continent. We are committed to improving the living conditions of Africans by contributing to the reduction of poverty, elimination of conflict, and promotion of self-reliance and development. MMF has for almost 2 decades intervened in humanitarian response and disaster relief and management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Doctor
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Clinical Lead
The Junior Doctor is a clinical unit/ call center representative responsible for interacting with patients primarily via telephone by answering incoming calls from patients and performs a range of duties.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Answer inbound phone calls in a professional and courteous manner, taking appropriate action on the account.
- Screen patients using the symptoms checker.
- Enter and update correct patient data into the computer data bases.
- Comply with company policy and procedures and pertinent laws or regulations.
- Adhere to established workflow and documentation procedures.
- Ensures to escalate calls or challenges to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
- Always maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Demonstrate respect for our patients and team members in every interaction.
- Keep up-to-date with medical developments, treatment and medication.
- Use computer system to respond to patients’ medical problems by referring to their history, carrying out diagnosis, treatment, counseling and referral, where necessary.
- Review and follow-up on patient accounts in a timely manner.
- Maintain call center standards for quality and productivity.
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired concerning the personal and financial status of patients.
- Performs other general administrative tasks as directed by the clinical lead.
Education & Experience:
- Certified degree in Medicine (Essential)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience practicing as a primary care doctor.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a medical receptionist/customer service role.
- Speaks fluently in either of the following languages: Pidgin, Hausa, and or Igbo.
- Exceptional phone handling skills: provides customer support in a positive, calm, and timely manner.
- Excellent data entry and typing skills.
- Leadership Skills.
- Ability to quickly learn.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus, and must be comfortable working with computer systems and multiple applications simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge of office procedures and carry out tasks accordingly.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and flexible.
- Proficient in computer usage and application of technology.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Capable of practicing strong human relations skills, such as empathy for others.
- Must be able to work in a high call volume call center environment with both inbound and outbound calls.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Physical demands of position: must be able to sit for long periods of time, must have manual dexterity to work computer systems and keyboard.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Murtala Muhammed Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Kindly note that only qualified candidates will be contacted
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 5th February, 2021.