The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT / Scope Data Analyst
Requisition ID: 137281
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Terms of Reference
- Under the supervision IT / SCOPE Officer, the IT / SCOPE Data Analyst (Operations Assistant) will support the delivery of efficient and effective IT and SCOPE services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
- The focus of activities will be to support beneficiary and transfer management – SCOPE.
- Main activities of the incumbent will include beneficiary registration, SCOPE cards management, SCOPE cards printing, re-printing, re-issuing, and other cash, e-Voucher, Nutrition and In-Kind related activities implemented through the SCOPE platform.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
- Support the activities of planning of beneficiary registration.
- Participate in the registration of targeted beneficiaries.
- Identify, report and resolve retailer-beneficiary issues pertaining to the use of SCOPE kits.
- Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Perform data entry and cleaning as may be required on beneficiary data for upload.
- Support all SCOPE processes relating to the COVID-19 scale-up in all approved Yobe locations
- Carry out de-duplication tasks in SCOPE to retain single entries for all Yobe beneficiaries.
- Support in the configuration / setup up of SCOPE IT and SCOPE equipment.
- Provide reports and feedbacks on beneficiary management including identified gaps, challenges, and needs in the areas of registration, cards printing and management, and retailer support.
- Support and maintain WFP CBT assets including kits loaned to WFP contracted retailers, computers, mobile phones, POS terminals, etc.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Minimum of Secondary School Education with additional years of related work experience or trainings. A University or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Data Science will be an added advantage.
- Beneficiary data management skills, and deployment of IT / SCOPE systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards. Also, able to install and configure new computer hardware / software for improved systems performance.
Other skills required for this position are:
- Good data analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet applications like MS Excel
- Good knowledge of computer application setup
- Good reporting, and documentation skills
- Fluency in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is also desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 14th February, 2021.