The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer I
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Assist in the monthly report of the development & delivery activities;
- Provide administrative and logistics support for monthly / annual meetings, conferences and managing visits related to Development and Delivery office under Partnerships for Delivery Directorate and BASICS-II;
- Assist in developing economics for production of cassava seeds with partners;
- Assist in conducting training with BASICS II Seed Producers on Business RecordKeeping and price intelligence;
- Provide support to the Project Administrator on BASICS-II project matters and development and delivery office of P4D;
- Manage calendars and activities that fall under the purview of the D&D office and BASICS-II PM;
- File Travel Authorizations (TA) and prepare expense claims for the project manager and other project staff;
- Make oracle requisitions, work order and follow up till execution stage;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Economics, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Proficient level of skill and knowledge in administrative process and use of relevant technology to deliver on assigned tasks.
- Ability to prepare detailed monthly report of meeting and partnership activities with follow up actionable plans.
- Ability to ensure implementation of request in a timely manner.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Excellent computer skill especially typing and attention to details.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 28th December, 2020.