United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited is Nigeria’s oldest oil service company having began operations in the western Niger Delta in the early 1960’s and incorporated as a limited liability company in 1971. The company has over 50 years of continuous operations specialising in land and swamp 2D, 3D and 4D seismic data acquisition and has conducted seismic surveys for all the major oil companies operating in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Ikeja, GRA, Lagos,
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform the full audit cycle including risk and control management with respect to operational effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance with Company and statutory regulations.
- Evaluates the means of safeguarding company assets and as appropriate, verifies the existence of such assets.
- Review of all non-cash payables, including suppliers, payroll, taxation, and other payables.
- Verify all items supplied before they are taken into storage for subsequent use.
- Review Sub-Contractor payrolls.
- Review Hired Assets’ timesheets and Line workers’ timesheets.
- Verify all PPE issues and Check compliance to HSE rules for Workers.
- External Verifications and Effective Market Price Surveys
- Conduct Internal Control evaluation and risk assessments to identify loopholes and areasrequiring management intervention to prevent fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation, misuse, and wastage
- Conduct Audit tests and investigations as designed by the Senior Internal Auditor.
- Prepares and Submits Monthly Internal Audit Reports to the Audit Committee for review.
- Ensure Complete Closure of Agreed Audit Committee Corrective Action Points.
- Evaluates information security and associated risk exposures.
- Carry out periodic inventory count for all sections of the Crew operations.
- Carry out any other Ad-hoc Functions as required by the Audit Committee
- Minimum of Second-Class University Degree or an HND in Accounting or other related disciplines.
- Professional Certifications such as; ACA, ACCA, CISA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of auditing and legal standards within an upstream Oil/Gas company would be an advantage.
- Attention to detail, excellent analytical skills in a fast-paced environment combined with sound independent judgment.
- Willingness to travel and operate in challenging environments.
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft office
- Proven record as an Internal Auditor, coupled with the experience of Sage accounts package.
- Minimum of 2 years and above experience in Internal Audit Function.
- High level of integrity and demonstrable professionalism.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: HR@unitedgeophysical.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 26th March, 2021.