Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Insights Planner, Marketing Insights
About the Job
- The goal of the Marketing Insights team is to understand how users behave and how they use our products, how they perceive and interact with our brands, what impact our media communications and messages have on their perceptions and behaviors, and what cultural and social influences shape how they view the world around them.
- As an Insights Planner, you’ll be a research enthusiast always focused on the audience (which could be users or businesses), you’ll use data and insights to craft meaningful stories, and will communicate research in a way everyone can understand – from product to marketing and sales teams.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Review relevant insight sources to extract key information to support business decision-making and annual planning process.
- Develop recommendation on which insights to leverage to drive marketing and business strategy development.
- Drive market insights to support marketing and business strategy for the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) cross-functional team. Ensure that all SSA work is insight-driven, and foster this mindset across our country and cross-functional teams.
- Consider business, marketing, sales objectives, and design insight-led processes to support successful creation of campaigns to deliver against them.
- Initiate and leverage thought leadership pieces from the wider Market Insights team and articulate how the current economic and social climate impact upon our products and plans, in specific hubs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience within marketing insights and research
- Experience managing third-party research agencies and multi-country research studies
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders within a business
- Demonstrated technical expertise and knowledge of Google technology (Google Ads), the internet, and social media
- Ability to think strategically and be a brand builder with a range of experience
- Ability to influence and shape cross-functional strategy
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team/partnership with marketing/research
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications; excellent project management and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Lagos, Nigeria; Nairobi, Kenya; Johannesburg, South Africa
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.