United Parcel Service (UPS) – Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Supervisor
- To provide consultative/tactical support to business unit management in the areas of Organizational Training, Performance Management, Health and Safety, Compliance, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Workforce Planning, and Unemployment Benefit Cost Control. He/She provides valued solutions to management for the implementation of HR initiatives.
Provides Business Solutions Using Human Capital:
- Provides coaching to provide solutions on issues related to policy and procedures, employee discipline, retention, health and safety, separations, and investigations.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge base, consistent time management skills, and strong organizational skills to provide an effective consultative partnership with business management.
- Utilizes formal and informal feedback from business management to drive human capital decisions and demonstrate measurable value to the organization.
- Develops effective tools to organize, prioritize, delegate, and create solutions to meet HR initiatives in a timely manner.
- Provides coaching and guidance for business management to provide solutions for performance management, talent management, succession planning, and employee development.
- Promotes organizational change and cultural transformation to ensure the organization’s strategic and tactical initiatives are effectively executed.
Leverages Business Relationships to Achieve Goals:
- Promotes highly effective relationships with the service centers, business management, recruiting organizations, external customers, and peers, locally and globally, to share accountability and provide valued support for achieving business goals.
- Shares feedback with Region level management to communicate the effectiveness of HR processes with the service centers and HR function for the review and modification of HR processes and procedures.
- Works with HR and business management to assist in the implementation of recognition programs and corporate programs designed to reduce turnover, impact employee retention, and reinforce UPS corporate values.
Provides Consultative and Tactical HR Support:
- Coaches business units and service centers regarding best practices implementation of compliance procedures (e.g., reasonable accommodation, safety, etc.) to comply with federal, state, and local regulations and support focus on diversity.
- Implements employee relations strategies to ensure UPS is able to attract and retain qualified employees, minimize union participation, minimize company exposure to legal issues, and maintain a productive work climate.
- Consults with business management to proactively manage employee concerns, reduce HelpLine calls, weigh and mitigate risks of potential to the company, engage in the maintaining non-union status process, and prevent escalation of complaints.
- Seeks feedback from internal and external customers to provide continual improvement to exceed expectations.
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition and business management to identify employee skill gaps and support implementation of employee development plans and learning interventions.
- Assists management with utilizing HR tools to maximize employee performance, achieve organizational effectiveness, improve employees’ engagement, and ensure legal compliance.
Conducts Comprehensive HR Investigations:
- Maintains current knowledge on employee relations topics (e.g., arbitration, separation agreements, regulatory compliance, employee complaints, etc.) to implement investigative methodology that is comprehensive and legally sound.
- Analyzes investigation results to identify trends, share knowledge with peers, and determine where additional management education is warranted.
- Monitors compliance concerns related to federal, state, and local regulations to proactively assist with audit preparation, provide process updates, outside agency requests, and develop compliance recommendations.
- Monitors large scale and complex employee relations initiatives to provide support and guidance on issues with potential legal risks and unfavorable trends.
- Utilizes knowledge of UPS Labor policies, contracts, provisions, and government regulations to guide HR process implementation and prevent potential sources of legal problems.
Supervises and Develops Others:
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
Implements HR Initiatives:
- Implements plans to successfully executes of HR initiatives.
- Implements plans to address periodic business initiatives (e.g., changes in workforce levels, etc.).
- Facilitates open communications to gain support for initiatives and ensure programs align with business needs.
- Tracks the HR Report Card to identify progress and goal achievement.
- Implements plans for succession planning activities at all levels to ensure management of talent as identified and to monitor and develop training opportunities.
- Manages local HR spend for travel, recognition, recruiting, shipping, assets, staffing, etc. to contain cost.
- Maintains collected workforce data and analysis to identify candidate readiness levels and development needs.
- Implements affirmative action plan to assist with compliance, performance management, career development, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Seeks feedback from line management to ensure HR initiatives are providing support and are focused on business priorities.
Job Specific Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree – Required
- Designs/Develops Integrated Solutions to Business Problems
- Health and Safety Knowledge
- Labor and Employment Law Knowledge
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge
- Talent Acquisition
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.