Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Location: Anka, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Project Human Resources Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives.
Description of the Responsibilities/ Activities
- Under supervision of the Project HR Manager manage personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on-time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Preparing monthly payslips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Updating social security tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Additional HR/ Admin tasks delegated by the Project HR Manager.
Specific Project Accountabilities
- Line management responsibilities for direct reports involving roster management, performance appraisals, supervision etc
- Act as focal point for staff health insurance (complete registration and follow up)
- Ensure awareness and clear communication of the administrative information as instructed by the Line Manager,
- Incentive follow up (agreements, extension or closing)
- Under supervision and support of the line manager, be the focal point on local L&D (local training follow-up)
- Preparing internal requests and liaise actively with the Logistic Supervisor and Supply Supervisor in that collaboration
- Act willingly and proactively on the other HR instructions from the line manager for the smooth running of daily tasks.
- Best knowledge of all the HR Assistant accountabilities and ready to cover 100% the gap of HR Assistant colleague and be able to manage Homere autonomously.
- Supporting the Line Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.”
- Responsible for updating the social security tax office files including specific amendments when necessary in order to meet legal obligation and maintain the labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Updating the staff personal files (Hard copies and tools) and all the administrative documents to facilitate HR processes management.
- Evaluations follow-up (Action plan, updating the appropriate tool), track the training recommended for the staffs in order to make a clear staff performance report
- Interested candidates should possess a degree qualification.
How to Appy
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 24th February, 2021.