International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Database Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Provide assistance to the HR department, including maintenance of data base system, creation of new records and employment changes for the Human Resources Department.
Daily usage of Deltek Cost (CP) and Time & Expense (T&E), including:
- Monitor data integrity by conducting regularly scheduled maintenance tasks, run queries, review and export excel report s, identify data errors and inconsistencies
- Coordinate data review and updates with appropriate personnel in Human Resources as well as other departments within the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain proper filing and retrieval HR / Admin documentation
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed according to IMC policies and procedures and state and federal labor laws.
- Support the posting, advertising and circulation of vacancy, and screen received applications.
- Schedule interviews and confirm attendance of candidate(s).
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, background check, completing employee documentation, recording data on each current employee, maintain employee files, confirm all procedures are following for terminated/exiting employees.
- Adding and removing projects from LN employee’s workforce
- Granting / Removing T&E seats
- Adding adjusting employee history
- Granting leave/holiday entitlements
- Running leave accruals (if leave time is accrued monthly)
- Maintain the integrity of LN/SSA information in CP including data reconciliations
- Running reconciling and ad – hoc reports
- Central point of contact for all CP HRIS and T&E systems
- Responsible for the validity of data contained in Deltek Costpoint and Time &Expense database: updating the active directory based on changes of employee, change of roles, manager, location and reconciliation CP data.
- Monitor the on boarding and exit staff workflow tickets
- Support smooth on-boarding and separation for every employee, including ensuring that job descriptions for every position is up-to-date and accurate, ID Cards are provided, performance evaluations and other required processes are implemented on time and of a high quality
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian labor laws and with all IMC compliance policies to ensure due diligence requirements in the field of human resources and administration are maintained
- Facilitation of international/National staff movement, support planning and purchasing of air tickets and accommodations
- Maintain and accurately track staff leave
- Ensure the office is well supplied with stationary and other office essential materials
- Supervise cooks and cleaners.
Qualifications and Skills
- Familiarity with software and data base
- Excellent organization skills
- Flexibility to assume a workload that frequently necessitates an adjustment of proprieties
- Ability to successfully deal with people at all levels within the organization.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Proven 2 years experience as an HR data base assistant
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suites
- Ability to solve problem and handle database exceptions
- Ability to reconcile large group of data, identify anomalies and systemically fix issues
- Experience with an HRIS or HRMS
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.**
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the “Human Resources Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 20th January, 2021.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity organization, so Borno State-Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.