The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Field Officer 2 (Nutrition)
Location: Jos, Plateau.
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Field Officer 3, the Health Field Officer 2 (Nutrition) is the focal point for all matters related to the ICRC supported nutrition component in Primary Health Care program in Benue state including Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), Family MUAC program and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) program
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with JOS Health Team, Nutrition delegate and Ecosec teams to identify nutrition needs.
- Supports multi-disciplinary assessments, identifies needs and contributes to planning new programs and ongoing monitoring of existing programs.
- Develops and maintains a dialogue with health staff/LGA nutrition authorities in catchment areas of ICRC PHC programs
- Monitor and analyse consumption of therapeutic feeds and report any issues to JOS Health Team Leader, Nutrition delegate and contribute to identifying stock inconsistencies/response to same.
- In liaison with Economic Security (ECOSEC) team, ensure coordination and proper linkages are established between ICRC Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities at community level and routine health and nutrition activities in the facilities.
- Liaise with health authorities – State Primary Health Care Board (SPHCB), State Ministry of Health (SMoH), Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and humanitarian organisations – working in nutrition and health as required by his/her supervisor
- Identifies training needs with JOS Health Team, Nutrition Delegate, prepares plan/budget and implements training programs including on-site training
- Ensures that appropriate supervision/monitoring plans are in place considering the limited access in most program sites
Education and Experience Required
- Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, or other related Health Sciences with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing emergency health and nutrition programs.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems, primary health care and first aid program is highly desirable.
Desired Profile and Skills:
- Previous experience in Emergency health and nutrition programs.
- Conversant with Nigerian National CMAM, IYCF and GMP technical protocols.
- Works well within the team.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria at least 25% time.
- Previous experience in humanitarian context in Northeast and/or North-Central Nigeria.
- Understanding of humanitarian cluster/sector systems.
- Fluent in local language e.g Hausa.
- Good reporting and analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application Letter and NYSC
Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202100188 Health Field Officer 2 (Nutrition) JOS” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the email, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Application Deadline 17th May, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.