Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Department – Internal Audit
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Internal Audit
Experience Level: Executive
Reporting To: Country Director
Proposed Start Date: November / December 2021
- We are currently looking to fill the role of HOD-Internal Audit to be based in Abuja (with frequent travels across the mission’s field offices) primarily responsible for examining, reviewing and analyzing records, reports, financial statements and management practices to ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate risks in compliance with laws, regulations, donor requirements and AAH policies and procedures.
- Prepare and perform internal audits (in accordance with general audit requirements and standards) in the Nigerian Mission;
- Work closely with the Finance, HR and logistics teams in the mission to develop the organization’s understanding of the importance of the internal audit function;
- Train and support the Finance, HR and logistics teams in the mission to ensure that audits are conducted thoroughly and efficiently;
- Prepare a Country Office Risk and Fraud Register in collaboration with other departments and ensure quarterly updates;
- In coordination with country management and HQ, assist with the follow-up and resolution of external audit or AAH Internal Audit findings;
- Conduct regular anti-corruption and fraud prevention trainings to all staff;
- Serve as country focal point for the internal reporting of any incidents of fraud, corruption or bribery.
- Assess the significance of risks & problems identified during each audit;
- For each audit, prepare an audit report containing a summary & analysis of the situation, a presentation of any identified mistakes and inconsistencies, and recommendations for improvements;
- Perform internal control reviews of in-country processes including cash management, procurement, logistics, and stock management including food commodities, assets management and coordinate with the relevant departments to correct weaknesses and improve controls as needed; prepare action plans to address findings and monitor the status of action plan implementation;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related Business field is required; Certified Public Accountant is an added advantage;
- At least 5 years related work experience with a not-for-profit organization;
- Extensive knowledge of donor guidelines and compliance including USAID, ECHO, FCDO, etc;
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing, accounting and management principles and practices;
- Excellent critical thinking, superior problem solving skills and ability to use good judgment when making difficult decisions;
- Familiar with common indicators of fraud;
- Ability to be flexible, yet focused and reliable, in a work environment with frequently changing demands and circumstances;
- Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere, encouraging colleagues to contribute to common work challenges and deadlines.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management and internal control practices. Knowledge of non-profit program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws;
- Strong skills in conducting quality control reviews of audit work product. Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions;
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N1,040,480 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
Application Deadline 5th October, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.