Green Africa is a value airline based in Lagos, Nigeria. We are a new carrier that offers safe, reliable and affordable air travel to a much broader group of customers. This positions us as a significant contributor to the economic development of Nigeria and the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: First Officer – ATR 72-600
Experience Level: Professional
- The First Officer acts as second in command of the aircraft supporting the Captain of the aircraft during all normal and abnormal situations so that safety is maintained at the highest possible level.
- The First officer will also set, maintain, demonstrate high standards in all aspects of their position and act as the brand ambassador for Green Africa, so that the corporate image is always upheld.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Maintain the safe day to day operation of the aircraft as the second in command.
- Set an example to be followed by all crew to preserve the corporate manage of Green Africa.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to by all members of crew.
- Ensure he/she is fit to always fly and notify the company if not.
- Operate the aircraft according to the approved policies and procedures as determined by Green Africa and the NCAA.
- Notify the company or NCAA of any breaches in SOP or safety through the appropriate reporting medium so that lessons can be learnt by the company to enhance flight safety.
- Hold an NCAA Airline Transport Pilot License (a valid ATR42/72 type rating is preferred).
- Hold a valid Class 1 medical certificate.
- Demonstrate command potential.
- Must have good knowledge of ATPL subjects
- Ability to perform to a high standard when under stress
- Must have flown within the last 24 months.
- Hold English to ICAO level 4 or above.
- Must have the right to live and work in Nigeria.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving, CRM and team working skills
- At least 1,500 hours total flying time.
- At least 500 hours on modern (EFIS), multi-crew, multi-engine transport category aircraft.
- International aviation experience is preferable.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.