Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Grants Manager
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- The Grants Manager will report and provide support to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) to ensure efficient and effective management of project grant funds.
- The Grants Manager will assume the overall responsibility for the management of the program grants portfolio in compliance with USAID and DAI rules and directives.
- The Grants Manager will provide technical oversight, quality assurance, and support to the the state-level Grant Officers.
The Grants Manager will:
- Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees to ensure adherence to grant management policies.
- Analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
- Prepare grant agreements and assist with supervision/implementation of grant, including closure and disposition plans.
- Monitor grantees and subcontracting organizations to confirm that funds allocated are used for specified purposes.
- Monitor the procurement process under the grant to ensure competitiveness and compliance
- Prepare regular reports on grants to Chief of Party.
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for sub-grants.
- Review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or other relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations preferred.
- Working knowledge of USAID Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures required.
- Experience in implementing grant policies and procedures required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of organizations, beneficiaries, and related parties.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in grants design and administration (experience with grants award and grants management as well as prior experience in the award and administration of subcontracts), preferably in the good governance sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Applicants are also requested to state clearly in the subject line of their emails for what position they are applying.
- Applications from women, differently-abled persons and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 15th January, 2021.