Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Title: Graduate Technical Trainee
Loaction: Ibadan, Oyo
- To work closely with various teams within the organisation and develop a full understanding of the business, giving room for an optional area of speciality in the power sector.
- Performs preliminary design and budgetary estimate for projects including planning and design for new lines, relocations, upgrades, etc.
- Develops network material lists – outlines network structure framing details including specifying all parts, hardware, insulators and grounding details, etc.
- Coordinates distribution network design process – ensures compliance with environmental and licensing processes and resolves issues
- Assists in the provision of information on actual energy usage on feeders to support conceptual project planning and design
- Determine forecasts for energy demand and consumption and perform comparative load analysis
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations both routine and emergencies.
- Report all operations to the dispatch office.
- Take and record all instructions on operations from B/H dispatch Office, O&M.
- Conducts power flow, power reliability, and economic evaluation studies.
- Designs and maintains databases of system loads
- Supporting and developing energy management data review process
- Monitoring of energy usage across the franchise and prepare various reports summarizing energy usage
- Establish an improved data recording, collection and analysis system to keep track of energy consumption
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Experience: 1 – 3 years
- Problem Solving skills
- Attention to Detail
- Discretion and Judgment
- Resourcefulness in carrying out assigned duties.
- Display of mature and professional attitude to work.
- Technical Knowledge to forecasts for energy demand and consumption
- Understanding of Electrical Distribution Regulations and Systems
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety principles and Risk Assessment.
- Technical Knowledge to Coordinates distribution network design process
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here to See Vacancies” and select “Graduate Technical Trainee” to apply accordingly
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 29th April, 2021.