Asharami Synergy is the downstream arm of the Group with over 20 years of experience, our downstream expertise covers product procurement, bulk sales and distribution of petroleum products across the globe. The business has storage terminals across Africa, the Middle East and Europe with a combined capacity in excess of 300million liters for a range of refined petroleum products. Recently, the Group expanded operations in Eastern Africa focused on enhancing the availability of refined petroleum products in the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Location: Ijora, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The position holder is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Provide accurate and effective records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Review of station and depot expenses and reimbursing thereafter.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
- Match vendor invoices with purchase orders and Job completion form. Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, etc.
- Posting of expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the payment batch with backup for review
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying tax identification number, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Process payment to employees by receiving and verifying expense reports for advances, claims, etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or relevant field
- Must have commenced ICAN examination with Intermediate level passed at a minimum
- At least 1-2 years post NYSC work experience in a similar role.
- Must possess very sound knowledge of basic accounting
- Basic knowledge of taxes and statutory deductions in Nigeria
- Must be able to do simple analysis and interpretation of financial transactions.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines, determine priorities and organize work to meet objectives and identify and deal with problems
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external parties and internal colleagues
- Knowledgeable in IFRS.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Interviews will be held at Block 5, Ijora GRA, Behind Lagos State Water Corporation, Ijora.
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.