Atlas Copco Nigeria has been established since 2009 with offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt. The Customer Center employs around 50 people and represents two Business Areas – Compressor Technique and Power Technique.
Atlas Copco is an OEM in the emerging Alternative Energy Space. We Design, Supply, Install, Service, and Maintain, Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Fueling systems. We have a network of customer throughout the nation that we offer technical support to.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GPP Support Engineer
Functional area: Business Development
Reporting to: Business Manager -Sales & Technical Services
Mission / Description
- To facilitate growth of Atlas Copco’s GPP (Gas) through strong commitment to the delivery of high-quality customer service to all Atlas Copco customers. Plus, ensuring that customer’s expectations are met every time.
- The Support engineer will be responsible for the service after the sale, performing field related preventative and routine repairs on all CNG processing equipment (Compressor, PRS, Dryer, etc.) cryogenic equipment – and other equipment operating within the region.
- The individual for this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to all the forces around them – customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers.
- Ability to travel to customer(s) locations to perform machine and equipment related repairs.
- Assist in resolving customer related issues in a timely matter
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned
- All communications with customers are conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty.
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a timely manner
- Partner with the unit manager to generate leads
- Find and maintain prospective clients
- Clearly articulate technical capabilities and give technical demonstrations
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned and according to manufacturer requirements.
- Ensure proper cosmetic appearance upon completion of repairs
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct hands-on troubleshooting and repair of high-pressure machines, CNG compressors, PRS and other gas systems using both mechanical and electrical procedures.
- Complete equipment overhauls on high pressure equipment, CNG compressors and other gas systems to include all mechanical and electrical components
- Provide mechanical and electrical technical troubleshooting directly with customers to assist in diagnosing problems with our products and accessories.
- Properly read and use mechanical and electrical schematics (where applicable) to complete repairs and assist customers in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Perform Routine maintenance on various machine and equipment, including, but not limited to compressor, PRS, pumps, valves, meters, rotating equipment, and various other equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and instrument components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair
- Continuously improve technical knowledge
- Plan for, advise and liaise with management in matters relating to business strategy
- Support marketing through the effective provision of sales data, including the timely recording of visit and action reports (including lost order reports) and analysis of sales performance against budget.
- Prepare weekly activity report and update on sales prospect
- keep the management regularly and fully informed about routine and ‘red flag’ issues related to business in the region.
- Support Business Manager GPP to develop and implement a strategy to achieve the growth and sales target.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters
- 24 Hour on-call status required
- Service key accounts customer by routinely calling on customers, receiving calls from customers, and routine site visits
- Respond to emergency calls and preventative maintenance calls in an organized manner.
- Documents service actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Promote and sell CNG products effectively, meet customers’ expectations and company’s business development objectives.
- To find and develop new potential customers.
- Promote the CNG business through the development of the customer base.
- Undertake proposals, including the calculation of sales prices to achieve sales
- Report, using sales tools databases, activities and information collected in the market (machine population, customers, competitors, actions in progress)
Essential Skills, Experience/Training/Education:
- HND or B.Sc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 – 5 years of experience working on Atlas Copco natural gas compressors and 2years of Sales experience
- Strong mechanical background combined with electronics as well as knowledge of pneumatics.
- PLC troubleshooting and basic knowledge of PLC programing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and can operate a company vehicle
- Excellent communication skill (writing, speaking in person and over the phone
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and portable diagnostic tools.
- Ability to lift / carry 20 kg
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to interpret wiring, tubing, and structural drawings and specifications
- Experience in diagnose, repair of NG/CNG, equipment preferred
- Hand-on and Working knowledge of Atlas Copco CNG equipment a most
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Valued but Not Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of natural gas industry in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 11th January, 2021.