Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full time
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- ACF is looking for a Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist who will support the development of a social inclusion strategy for the National Social Safety Nets Programme.
- The successful candidate will be seconded to the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) through the CDGP Programme and will provide technical support to mainstream gender and Social Inclusion in federal government-driven social protection programmes across the country-particularly National Social Investment Programmes.
- Influence the integration of Social Inclusion aspect into the state and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision-making structures.
- Identify opportunities and raise awareness to policymakers and other key players on the necessity of Social Inclusion to influence policy change to overcome the barriers preventing the citizen’s full participation in political economic and social life.
- Provide technical support to the integration of gender and disability in the social protection space in Nigeria particularly in policies, plans and programmes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of programme objectives and initiatives, both short and long term, encompassing a wide range of issues with a gender lens.
- Provide inputs into systems for research, analysis and documentation that underpin evidence for gender-based programming and influencing at state and national levels.
- Support the capacity development of NASSP staff engaged in social protection programmes and other relevant staff on social inclusion.
- Produce reports, briefing papers and presentations for internal and external audiences, as directed.
- Represent and act as a spokesperson for Action Against Hunger (Child Development Grand Programme) on gender issues various policy forums and advocacy opportunities at national and international levels, as directed
- Write regular progress reports, including annual impact monitoring reports.
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society and the media particularly working on gender issues and participate in gender working group meetings which may include providing oversight
- Support capacity building of key stakeholders on gender transformative approaches.
- Support in the development of a G & SI training manual and build the capacity of selected stakeholders made up of government officials, media programme staff and any other identified relevant group
- Formulate key gender and social inclusion messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation.
- A University degree in Social Sciences with academic training in women’s studies, gender and development or a relevant field. An MSc an added advantage
- 4 years’ work experience with an international development organization, with focus on women and girls/gender equality and disability programming.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and evaluating gender-transformative social and behaviour change communication interventions.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Specific knowledge of international development and gender equality issues; experience engaging children and other community members on gender equality issues.
- Experience in implementing gender-transformative approaches.
- Experience in working with Government MDAs.
- Proven experience working on normative change for gender equality and adolescent sexual and reproductive health in sensitive contexts.
- Experience in development of training manuals and building capacity through trainings and system strengthening especially on G&SI related issues.
- Knowledge of the policies, functions, structures and decision-making processes of key Gender and social inclusion issues.
Minimum Basic Salary
466,741 Naira monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2021.