White Soul Investment Limited is a subsidiary of White Soul Group, a company incorporated under the Company and Allied Matters Act, 1997. We are a leading player in the haulageindustry, providing efficient service to our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Our company is a leading haulage company in Nigeria, looking to engage qualified and experienced Fleet Officers to manage our fleet across various locations in Nigeria. The ideal candidate would be required to:
- Oversee assigned fleet’s operations and make direct reports to the Fleet Coordinator on fleet performance and other operational requirements
- Monitor and report daily trucks turn-around time
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking vehicles
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence to disciplinary procedures and drivers’ orientation program and administering disciplinary measures to non-compliant drivers.
- Assist the HR unit in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Training and re-training of the drivers for efficiency
- Regularly holding meeting with the (except those on-official assignment) to discuss and ensure the smooth operations and the actualization of the goals of the company
- Constantly monitor the tracking report and follow up with drivers on issues raised and send updated report on issues resolution.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve all complaints relating to fleet management or drivers conduct
- Obtain and maintain annual inspections certification by regulatory authorities or in line with contractual obligations from clients
- Obtain and maintain all truck licensing, registrations and permits
- Oversee proper use of fuel/diesel rations; maintain log and account for fuel/diesel and oil storage tanks
- Coordinate daily pre-trip and post-trip truck inspections
- Utilize GPS systems in conjunction with tracking unit to monitor drivers and track vehicles at all
Academic Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in supply chain management, including, haulage, logistics, and fleet management and customer service operations
- Ability to develop and maintain an accurate record-keeping system
- Ability to think on one’s feet and make decisions quickly
- Listening skills: Willing to listen to drivers, office personnel, management, state and federal regulators and their concerns.
- Handle emergencies: Ability to stay calm and take decisions quickly
- Differentiate driver issues, decipher problems versus complaints and proffer relevant solutions
- Complete and up-to-date knowledge of Federal and State transportation regulations.
- Ability to accurately calculate load arrival times and other performance parameters.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel with a manifest readiness to learn company specific fleet management software quickly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2020.