Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Planning Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Financial Planning Analyst, you will be involved in running the annual budgeting process and producing regular forecasts that show the expected future performance of the business.
- Analyze business trends and past results, advise on how company performance can be improved and explore potential growth scenarios.
- Liaising with senior management to prepare the business’s financial and strategic plans
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Create presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports.
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- FP&A finance support to the accounting teams related to productivity, demand planning, reporting, and metrics in a timely manner.
- Identify and understand business challenges; propose and create solutions.
- Partner directly with the finance team and central FP&A groups to collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis.
- Prepare presentations to CFO, CEO & Senior Management Team.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in finance, accounting, and operational processes.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, ICAN, ICMA, ACA, etc.)
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles.
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others through effective verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects across an organization.
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics and modelling.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.