FEDETH Microfinance Bank is a presitigious financial instititution offering a broad range of financial services to micro, small and medium sized enterprises and other clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Central Business District, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Finance Officer will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget, and forecasts preparation.
- The Finance Officer’s responsibilities will also include tax management and administration, performance management and act as a consultant for senior managers, conducting cost and revenues analyses.
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including managing the organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee accounting operations of the company.
- Create an organizational structure within the accounting department to facilitate the achievement of the department’s short-term goals and long-term objectives.
- Manage and mentor junior personnel in the accounting department.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and manage GL for accuracy.
- Management of tax- VAT, WHT, PAYE. Liaise with the company’s tax consultant, auditor, and regulators for efficient tax management.
- Advise and liaise with Operations on transaction postings to ensure that the correct GL are credited or debited. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
Financial Reporting and Budgeting:
- Ensure that financial reports comply with current accounting principles and financial reporting standards. Publish complete and timely financial statements to company executives, shareholders, and the board. Account for any budget variances and report significant discrepancies to management.
- Recommend benchmarks for the measurement of company financial performance goals. Responsible for the filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual management account for management and regulators. Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report. Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Provide regulatory reports to the compliance department for rendition.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND / Master’s Degree with 6 – 9 years work experience.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 29th July, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.