Maxima Media Group is a fast growing integrated media firm that focuses on media, advertising, branding and marketing, through the creation of concepts and content. It formally commenced operation in 2008, and has made significant impact in the sub-sector, boasting of several high profiles multinationals such as Nigerian Breweries, Nestle, Proctor & Gamble, and PZ as clients, and having created, produced and executed several high impact products in the Nigerian media and advertising market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Originates & leads human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, recruitment, and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Initiate, facilitate budget preparation, implementation defense sessions
- To guide, collate approved unit budgets and contribute actively to the management of budget spends
- Ensure all unit heads are provided with relevant and adequate information to guide the management of their product, profitability, and costs
- Receive and process vendor invoices and ensure prompt processing for payment in line with Maxima’s financial policy.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents by the prompt presentation of source documents for auditing and management information system purposes
- Ensure accurate entries for all financial accounting operations daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly.
- Ensure effective management, maintenance, and upgrade of the general ledger as required
- Ensure accurate generation of the trial balance and other profitability reports on a regular basis for relevant personnel
- Liaise with statutory examiners during routine audits.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Routine payment advice on Taxes, Levies, and other statutory expenses.
- Carry out a continuous financial risk assessment
- Adhere to the mission, vision, and core values of the organization
- Monitor actual activity and performance levels against the approved budget and make recommendations to the unit head to ensure the budget objectives are achieved
- Track and flag all outstanding receivables/ payables in line with company policies and procedures
- Maintain relationship with the bank and carry out periodic bank reconciliations
- Review transaction entries to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Produce monthly financial reports, Trial balance for management and personnel
- Weekly preparation of cash flow document, Bank reconciliation, and statement of affairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the MD.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Frequency and timeliness of management information and reports
- Degree and accuracy of financial statement prepared
- Degree of adherence to financial standards and policies
- % of unauthorized deviation from the approved budget.
- % of cost-savingfor the organization.
- Frequency of data entered on financial system accurately
- Frequency and timeliness of bank reconciliation
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 5 – 10 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st May, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.