The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Office Coordinator Nigeria
Job Identification: 3620
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Category: Administration
Job Schedule: Full time
- Coordinate activities at Field Office and Manage Field Office Program and Support Staff
- Manage and coordinate activities HR & Admin, finance, logistics and security tasks of the field office
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, procedures and SOPs/guidelines
- Provide support to project implementation at field office level
- Coordinate representation meetings with the UN, partners and authorities
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure adherence to Security and Risk Management policy and procedures
- Coordinate and assist with budgets and costs for the field office’s shared costs and support functions
- Provide support in the training and development of staff
- Line management for project and support functions in the filed location
- Support implementation of projects (including coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the field, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets
- Support Field Support Officers/Assistants in planning and monitoring support functions and coordination of programme activities
- Support Field Officers with coordination of activities with other agencies and stakeholders
- Support Area Manager with planning and budgeting for the Sub Office.
- Represent NRC and networking at field office level
- Establish support functions at Pulka / Gwoza Field Office in line with NRC standards and in cooperation with Field Officers
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments / units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Support function: HR, Finance, Logistics managers at country and area level
- Programme function: PMs, Officers
- Security: Security Officer at Area Level, Security adviser at country level
- Programmatic operations support: CC project managers, CC Coordinators, CCS.
Scale and Scope of Position:
- Management of programme and support officers.
- UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies at field level
Legal or Compliance:
- Agresso, Intranet, Office 365, workplace.
- NRC Terms of Employment, NRC Code of Conduct, NRC Terms of Employment and Policies, NRC security Standard Operating Procedures.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and Experience from working in support functions in a humanitarian / recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa (verbal).
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Context / Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Computer skills (Microsoft Windows and Office applications).
- Knowledge and familiarity with north-east Nigeria and culture.
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage).
- Experience with start-up and new office settings.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th November, 2021, 11:32 am.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.