Atlantic Hall School is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female Nursing Officer
Location: Epe, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The primary responsibility of the School Nurse shall be to take care of students and members of staff who are on bed rest or hospitalized by ensuring that they properly take their medications at the appropriate time as prescribed.
- He / she shall also be monitoring the health condition of hospitalized students and members of staff and draw the attention of the Doctor whenever the need arises or in case of emergency.
- Support patients with medical needs such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or mental health problems
- Monitoring and administering prescribed medication and intravenous infusions
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Provide nursing care and physical screening to patients; assess patients and implement first aid measures for patients as needed
- Promote good health and wellbeing among students and staff
- Keep updates on students suffering from major illnesses and those on medication
- Provide periodic health checks / appraisals of pupils with identified or suspected health problems
- Sterilize clinic equipment and dressing items as prescribed
- Write clear and concise nurses report on treatment given and medications served
- Occasionally provide care and treatment to students during off-campus competitions and program (e.g. Sea School, Sport events)
- Oversee and ensure cleanliness of the wards and entire clinic
- Prepare and maintain student and staff clinic records and prepare required reports
- Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student’s physician
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed
- Complete the preliminary nursing assessments and assist the doctor with the patient -study physical examinations for students
- Provide health education and anticipatory counseling
- Ensure compliance with procedures, protocols, and other instructions provided by the School Doctor
- Prepare order for supplies and equipment necessary for nurses’ office
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- BSc. Nursing, Graduate of School of Nursing (Certified by the Nursing Council of Nigeria) or any equivalent Certificate from any recognized Nursing school.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience
- Pain Management, Acute / Critical Care
- Proficiency in the usage of Microsoft Office tools
- Prior experience working in private or government hospital setting.
- Attention to details, organization and problem solving skills
- High level of proactivity and ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- High sense of commitment, responsibility andaccountability
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Must be a registered Nurse with a valid practice license.
- Ability to communicate properly and effectively with parents and all stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team, work without close supervision and within established timeframes.
- Capability to manage a variety of patients and tasks throughout the day.
- Infection Control.
- Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) on-line to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 30th December, 2020.