Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Recruiter – Engineering
Job Number: 974526
Travel 0-25 %
Profession: Human Resources
Role type Individual Contributor
Employment type Full Time
- Be one who empowers billions…We have a great opportunity for an experienced recruiter to join our high-performing team of technical talent acquisition professionals. This team supports all the hiring for the Engineering divisions across the EMEA region.
- The focus of this role is to consult with the business on their talent strategy – ensuring a partnership led approach to talent, recruitment & resourcing, within the segment.
- You will ensure the quality of hires is continuously improved, raising the capability and potential of those recruited to meet both business objectives and Microsoft’s talent agenda. As well as hiring great people you will lead key resourcing improvement projects which contribute to the on-going development of the Engineering Talent Acquisition strategy and of the overall recruitment experience.
Candidate Assessment and Screening:
- Assessment Opportunities – You leverage tools and assessment frameworks from Operations teams and Center of Excellence to assess candidates; you may contribute to the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
- Screening – You execute initial screening and assessing of candidates; you qualify talent pool by assessing relevant factors such as ability to hire, relocation considerations, immigration, and compensation.
- Candidate Engagement – You elicit interest in active and potential candidates by telling the business story, and contribute to the development of new stories; you generate awareness through community outreach events and strategic networking.
- Internal Practices – You share best practices on sourcing, recruiting, and/or closing techniques and stories with your own team; you track candidate activity and share with internal stakeholders.
- Microsoft Representation – You coach the client to represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Hiring – You gather requirements and develop hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle; you own elements of the candidate experience and prepare candidates for next phases of the process; you enhance the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate, and sharing with the business to mitigate.
Data Analysis and Hiring Plans:
- Hiring Data and Trends – You analyze relevant data and trends to provide insight, and consult with a business, area, or subsidiary to implement a hiring plan that addresses both business demand and talent availability for short-term and near-term needs (2-6 months); you review and analyze data and trends to improve staffing performance, and use insights to support other teams.
Operational Compliance and Excellence:
- Policy and Standards Compliance – You use subject matter expertise on applying internal and external staffing policies, standards, and/or regulations throughout the entire staffing lifecycle to educate clients, stakeholders, and other staffers on policy, system, and process issues; you identify opportunities to optimize policies, systems, and processes.
- Technical Documentation – You maintain current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation); you capture relevant data in recruiting platform and leverage data to inform meaningful insights.
Stakeholder / Client Engagement:
- Business Impact Knowledge – You understand factors relevant to the business and hiring managers’ needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and use this knowledge to develop and implement end-to-end hiring plan aligned to the needs of the business group.
- Strategic Thinking – You interpret client’s business and the industry landscape and/or university talent pools to influence the client to adopt optimal staffing solutions.
- Talent Engagement – You consult a business area on talent needs and opportunities and push for the acceptance of differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
- Candidate Relationship Management – You use an understanding of talent markets and complex candidate profiles, as well as growing relationships with new talent pools and communities with future potential, to identify and engage candidates for immediate and future talent needs.
- Developing a Talent Pool – You develop strategies to generate differentiated talent in emerging roles or highly competitive talent pools to meet long-term business needs (e.g., industry, technical recruiting).
- Market Analysis and Channel Insights – You synthesize, analyze, and interpret external market data, and provide market and channel insights to the business to inform hiring plans and implement talent acquisition initiatives; you develop sourcing strategy using market and channel insights.
- Stakeholder/Client Engagement – You brings candidates through the interview and closing process, and work with other teams to meet candidate needs (e.g., onboarding, relocation, Visas, critical dependencies); you close candidates by anticipating and responding to objections from the business while maintaining fiscal responsibility; you negotiate appropriately with the client to drive solutions that balance their short- and long-term talent needs.
- Stakeholder / Client Engagement – You identify current and future talent needs through opportunistic exploratory and analysis of market demands, and proactively consult leaders to create new roles that bring in desired talent.
- Workforce Analysis – You assess and define talent/diversity gaps and hiring needs (e.g., skills, volume of hires) of an organization; you present this information to hiring managers to inform hiring plans and implement talent acquisition initiatives
Required / Minimum Qualifications:
- 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), human resources experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), human resources experience, or industry experience related to role.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- LinkedIn Certification.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Senior Designer
Job Number: 939802
Role Type: Individual Contributor
Employment Type: Full Time
- Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Design and UX Research team is looking for a customer-focused Senior Designer with expertise in 3D interaction-design, and experience designing subscription experiences.
- You will conceive, design, and prototype new types of 3D collaborative interactions and end-to-end subscription UX. In the latter, you are familiar with various types of subscription funnels, and you have experience in customer-acquisition, conversion, and retention.
- In designing these experiences, you embrace customer-requirements and data, leveraging customer-feedback, website metrics, and A/B testing to understand where the experience is succeeding, where it needs to be improved, and removing friction points that hinder a seamless UX. This is a mix of art and science.
- In all areas, you will collaborate closely with other designers (interaction, tech-design, and tech-art), researchers, and other engineering and marketing disciples.
As a Senior Designer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, and help build seamless interactions and subscription-services for Mixed Reality
- Provide strategic-design thought-leadership, for example with ‘user-journeys’ that span multiple devices, audiences, platforms, and technologies
- Embrace data and customer-feedback, and use them to improve your designs
- Effectively communicate the status of projects and services across the working-team and organization
- Seek out, understand, and leverage the best-practices and learnings of other subscription UX across Microsoft (for example, Xbox Live, Dynamics 365, and Microsoft 365)
- Champion and evangelize the teams’ efforts throughout the organization
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards a successful resolution.
- Be a positive, collaborative, and creative force on the team
- BA / BFA in Service Design, Interaction Design or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience as a service designer, interaction designer, or related experience.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in services, Live Ops, or sustained engineering.
- Technical acumen and expertise. An understanding of designing, prototyping, building, delivering, and maintaining applications and services for high availability, resiliency, and performance in a dynamic environment.
- Expertise with 3D design software, prototyping tools, and dev-frameworks. Unity expertise required, and familiarity with game engines like Unreal, and web-frameworks like React, is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand what resonates with users and creators and ability to translate consumer and business goals into end-to-end feature plans (scenarios, functional specs, schedules).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to build consensus among diverse stakeholders. Be comfortable presenting and demonstrating products for large and small audiences.
- Proactively seeks and gives feedback.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and results-driven.
- Expertise with AWS, Azure, PlayFab, and/or Xbox Live services.
- Connecting Cloud Services – leveraging the power of the Cloud through service integration
- Designed a service for an experience-based product that has shipped
- Storyteller – proficient in storyboarding to showcase the end-to-end user experience
- Experience in Marketing or working closely with marketers is also a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.