The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driver
Reference No.: R494
Locations: Zamfara, Plateau, Benue and Nasarawa
Employment Type: Full time
President’s Malaria Initiative for States (PMI-S) is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020. PMI-S will target eight states of Nigeria, namely: Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Nassarawa, Oyo, Plateau and Zamfara. MSH seeks to recruit Drivers for Zamfara, Plateau, Benue and Nassarawa States. Under the overall supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Driver’s job is to provide transport support services to all technical program areas. The driver is also required to drive MSH vehicles while transporting staffs, which include Employees, Chief of Party, Country Directors/Leads and VIP visitors. Drivers are also responsible for overseeing vehicle maintenance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive project staff to activities and meeting within and outside of the state
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to individual vehicle use.
- Submit all expense reports in a timely manner to accounting, properly completed.
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. They are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
- Ensure all aspects of vehicle policy are being followed and enforced during your assignments.
- Inspect vehicle prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts etc. are in good working order.
- Signal any sign of need for maintenance or other problem with the vehicle to the supervisor.
- Keep vehicle health log updated.
- Ensure the security of the vehicle when outside of the office.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers.
Required Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- G2 Completion of Primary Education; Secondary certificate or higher diploma/higher school degree is required
- Previous experience on USAID funded project or UN Agency or Internationally recognized organizations in proposed state of assignment is highly desirable
- Candidate who are local indigene of the states of assignments will be highly considered.
- Sound judgment, non-aggressive driving style and good communication skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ related work experience.
- Candidate must be proficient with the local language and understanding of terrain is an added advantage.
- Valid Driving License.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of standard driving practices.
- Defensive driving certificate is an added advantage
- Good driving record.
- Ability to travel to other states if required.
- Mental programs for interpreting and responding to events automatically; and motivations which activate and direct safe behaviour and anticipate problems
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and active listening skills.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is a must
- Ability to organize and complete manual and routine tasks as assigned.
- Ability to perform at an acceptable level of control skill.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- MSH reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.