54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cybersecurity Engineer
Zip / Postal Code: 105102
Type: Full time
Reports to: Sr Director, Cybersecurity
- We are looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer who will work directly with the Senior Director of Cybersecurity.
- This role will take the traditional vulnerability assessment and build upon it. Evaluate the security of 54gene’s networks, applications, sensitive internal systems, mobile application and data coding standards.
- Our engineer will need to go beyond the typical enumerating vulnerabilities through scanning and need to look at exploiting identified issues or discovering issues not picked up by scans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Network, System, Application, Mobile, traditional web and wireless penetration testing.
- Testing and exploiting web app and web services security vulnerabilities including cross-site scripting, cross site request forgery, SQL injection, DoS attacks, XML/SOAP and API attacks.
- Managing/facilitating security due diligence activities throughout the Application Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure that security risks are identified and controls are implemented to mitigate risk.
- Be a subject matter expert on security controls applicable to rapid software development methodologies and DevOps automation.
- Recommend or automate approach to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Spread awareness and knowledge of good Information Security practices in development teams.
- Designing and developing Cloud-specific security policies, standards and procedures e.g. Identity and Access Management (SSO, SAML), and Privilege Management, Firewall management, SSL/IPSec, Encryption Key Management (BYOK), Security incident and event management (SIEM), Data protection (DLP, encryption), Vulnerability Management in partnership with Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field is preferred, but not mandatory
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- CEH, OSWE or equivalents very strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong technical acumen with an understanding of cloud security, and familiarity with security tools and processes.
- Experience with penetration testing and code reviews highly desired.
- Wireless, Network and TCP/IP skills along with Unix command, bash scripting, and / or python coding required.
- Familiarity with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) activity.
- In depth knowledge of Application Security, API testing, Information Security risk and industry best practices.
- Knowledge based on hands-on experience in implementing security in rapid software development methodologies (like, Agile) and DevOps automation.
- Microservice architecture expertise and best practices in securing APIs across multi-cloud environments.
- A knowledge of adversarial activities in cyberspace with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) with the ability to emulate these TTP to assess vulnerability and risk desired.
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
- The duties stated are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Other related duties may be assigned within scope of ability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.