The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: State Coordinator 1
Requisition Number: R1166
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Malari Program
Position Reports To: Task Order 4 Director
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- S/he will spearhead coordination, implementation and reporting of the PMI-S project in the state and ensure optimal resource management of the project.
- S/he will serve as a member of the Project Management Team and will be responsible for overall project performance in the state of primary responsibility.
- The State Coordinator will provide overall leadership and management of the PMI-S project in the state in a manner that strengthens partnerships with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable Malaria elimination efforts.
- Take responsibility for all Task Order 04 requirements for planning and reporting on state-level activities.
- Provides overall leadership and management of the PMI-S supported state malaria program including leading the development of an integrated malaria plan for the State.
- Contribute to establishment of a system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in collaboration with the Senior M&E Advisor that includes periodic analyses and review for evidence-based decision-making and program management.
- Take responsibility for management of the state malaria budget and all other resources under the direction of State Team Director
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep the Project Senior Management Team informed of state activities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as needed.
- Lead operationalization of the PMI-S state malaria plan.
- Liaise and network with relevant malaria partners and stakeholders in the state to strengthen coordination, integration and resourcing of activities and promotion of a shared vision for malaria elimination in the state.
- Interacts and communicates on behalf of PMI-S to key stakeholders in the malaria partnership and government counterparts at state level
- Leads and provides oversight to quality assurance of state level implementation
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, or another related field;
- Demonstrated a minimum of five years progressive experience in public health and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff;
- Demonstrated management capacity in malaria programs with proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in multiple locations;
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, supervisory in service delivery and team-buildings skills; and,
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong technical leadership, health program and financial management background, ability to negotiate, collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders in context of complex and shifting priorities;
MSH offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation
Application Deadline 27th July, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.