Eden Solutions & Resources Limited – Our client, a renowned International school with British Curriculum located in Abuja is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Nurse
Location: Apo, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ideal Candidate ensures compliance with health and safety protocols and maintain student health records
- Provide basic First aid services to students and staff of the school
- Support the school with implementation and supervision of COVID-19 re-entry and recovery protocols.
- Foster health awareness and literacy in the school.
- Dispense medications according to school policies
- Tend to sick or injured children
- Communicate to parents
- Train staff as needed
- Maintain neat and sterile clinic
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science
- Minimum of 3 years experience in paediatrics in a School
- Must be a registered nurse
- Ability to effectively communicate with parents, teachers and children amicably
- Basic computer skill.
Job Title: School Administrative Officer
Location: Apo, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
- Ideal candidate will function as a Personal Assistant and report directly to the School Administrator by providing assistance in school routine, financial and administrative matters
- Candidate must have good command of English Language and must be experienced in financial accreditation of schools.
- Lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Administrative activities to ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the school.
- Ensure that application forms are issued and received on time.
- Organize budget, financial material and statistical records
- Arrange prospective parent visit with new applicants for school tour.
- Communicate with prospective parents regarding the tuition and admission.
- Prepare relevant information for school staff as regards to a new student.
- Administrative duties with regards to the induction of new parents and students into the school system.
- Communication with parents via text, email, school app and website
- Maintain filing systems for important and confidential school documents.
- Take an active role in administrative duties in preparation for school events like- enrolment test, recruitment process etc
- Follow up on new enquires about the school ensure the students are registered and maintain a good customer service relationship with the parents after registration.
- Organise the activities of the school in Abuja school fairs
- Assist in organising the school marketing events.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Educational Management)
- Experience in school financial accreditation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 4 years experience as an Administrative Officer in a school.
- Knowledge of computer and office administration
- Outstanding knowledge of techniques and etiquette.
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
Location: APO, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ideal candidate will provide direct technical support to the teaching and learning of science based subjects, carrying out risk assessments as appropriate and ensuring all laboratory/science based teaching activities are carried out in accordance with school policies and best practices.
- Liaise with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans
- Run trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrate techniques for experiments
- Prepare equipment and chemicals before lessons – from test tubes to state-of-the-art microscopes
- Maintain and repair equipment and laboratory apparatus
- Keep records, e.g. for students’ practical sessions, tracking methods and results
- Ensure that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately stored
- Catalogue recordings and make them available when requested (if the department houses audiovisual resources)
- Support the work of teachers in classes and laboratory sessions and give technical advice to staff and students
- Work with individual students and support them on research projects
- Manage the stock control of chemicals and equipment
- Contribute to high-level research, if working at university level
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly
- Coordinate work in the laboratory to ensure efficient use is made of expensive pieces of equipment.
- Conducting risk assessments and carrying out staff supervision and training.
Requirements / Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science Laboratory Technology or any related field
- At least 4 years experiences as a Laboratory Technologist in an International School
- Excellent scientific and technical knowledge and good IT skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Team working Skills to work successfully with a team of technicians
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
Job Title: Physics Teacher
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ideal candidate will; prepare stimulating lessons, identify and analyze student needs, strengths, and weaknesses, oversee experiments, as well as setting and grading assessments.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, respond well to criticism and be innovative and energetic.
- Understanding curriculum requirements, and creating syllabi, lesson plans, and educational content that satisfy these requirements.
- Analyzing the needs, strengths, and weaknesses of students and structuring lessons and assessments around them.
- Adjusting teaching methods to suit different groups of learners.
- Creating engaging, stimulating lesson plans and asking frequent questions to make sure students are on track.
- Providing extra support to students that require it, and more challenging tasks to those who are ahead of the class.
- Keeping abreast of developments and research in the field and using this to ensure lessons are relevant.
- Reporting any progress issues to the head of the department, as well as the parents.
- Attending meetings, training sessions, workshops, conferences, and other continuing education initiatives.
- Supervising lab sessions, delivering practical demonstrations, and accompanying students on field trips.
- Keeping the line of communication open between students, staff, and parents.
- Minimum B.Ed or BSc + PGDE in Physics or related field.
- TRCN Certificate and Masters will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an international school with British Curriculum.
- Familiarity with different types of teaching styles.
- Patience, innovation in the field, and knowledge of classroom management and student discipline.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 31st January, 2021.