ASI Ukpo Diagnostics & Medicals Limited, Calabar was established in 2013 to make comprehensive medical services affordable, readily available and easily accessible to Nigerians. We place patient care at the pinnacle of our company’s values. It is also the first privately owned Comprehensive Cancer Center in South-South Nigeria equipped with state-of-art facilities to deliver world class diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of cancers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Medical, Health Care
Reports to: Consultant Radiologist
- This role is responsible for producing quality diagnostic images that will assist clinicians in patient management.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Set up examinations rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready
- Operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images for diagnostic purposes
- Review and evaluation of developed x-rays, video tape, or computer generated information to determine suitability for diagnostic purposes.
- Liaise and work with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients
- Prepare and administer oral or injected contrast media to patients.
- Operate fluoroscope to aid physician to view and guide through area of interest during surgery
- Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances
- Participate at the Hospitals’ CME’s and quality improvement activities
- Comply with the use of standard operating procedures and policies
- Monitor patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physicians
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during procedure
- Collaborate with other medical team members, (physicians and nurses), to conduct special procedures.
- Operate mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of self and patients’
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals
- Patient positioning and immobilization on examining table
- Imaging equipment positioning and adjustment of controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination
- Ability to key commands and data into computer to document and specify scan sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography or its equivalent.
- Registration with the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria with valid practicing license.
- 1 year experience in a related role.
- Computer literacy
- Working knowledge of x-ray equipment, including fluoroscopy and mobile units.
- Working knowledge of CT Scanner.
N150,000 – N200,000 / Month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.