Heirs Holdings Limited – Our investment portfolio spans the power, oil and gas, financial services, hospitality, real estate and healthcare sectors, operating in twenty-three countries worldwide. We are inspired by Africapitalism, the belief of our Chairman, Tony O. Elumelu, CON that the private sector is the key enabler of economic and social wealth creation in Africa. Driven by this philosophy, we invest for the long-term, bringing strategic capital, sector expertise, a track record of business turnaround success and operational excellence to companies we invest in.
Our philanthropic Foundation catalyses entrepreneurship across Africa, through the USD $100million Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme, advocacy and research.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal & Company Secretarial Executive
Job ID: 441
Job Type: Full Time
Department / Function: Legal
Job Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- The Legal Executive will join the Legal team of Heirs Holdings Limited to provide legal and company secretarial support to the Legal Adviser / Company Secretary with particular focus on providing strategic governance support which will include legal advisory support, company secretarial support and regulatory compliance support for the Group restructuring project.
- The services provided will cut across various sectors including financial services, real estate, oil and gas, power, hospitality, healthcare and philanthropy.
- Providing legal, company secretarial, governance and administrative support with respect to the formation, operation and management of the Family Office.
- Act as point of communication between the Family office and related stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Chairman in setting the agenda for stakeholder meetings, attend meetings, take minutes, email management and drafting action points arising.
- Support relevant units and external stakeholders with corporate information as may be required.
- Ensure the proper custody of corporate documents for the Family Office and related companies
- Filing all necessary returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Review and advise on transactions or initiatives in respect of the Family Office.
- Review relevant documents and agreements.
- Provide legal support service to the Family Office within the framework of the Family Office investments and operations.
- Act as the corporate information repository for all Family Office investments.
- Provide transaction management support by managing all aspects of the Group restructuring, including but not limited to instructing external legal counsel and other transaction advisers (“external advisers”).
- Ensuring timelines are agreed and kept by external advisers and internal stakeholders in managing the entire group restructuring transaction timeline,
- Monitor ongoing activities for potential issues and escalate such challenges as appropriate proffering possible solutions that will enable the transaction to continue as planned with minimal disruption.
- Corresponding with external advisers to provide clarification and documentation requested.
- Coordinating internal responsible persons to gather required information
- Carry out required action points and provide required responses in executing the Group restructuring,
- Keep up to date on all applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines including keeping track of any proposed changes, updates, repeals and re-enactments relating thereto and advising the relevant business function or investee company as appropriate.
- Providing summaries on proposed enactments or changes to applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines and keeping abreast of and timely notification of applicable legislative processes including town hall meetings, bill passages, etc.
- Providing company secretarial and administrative support with respect to management meetings, board meetings, board committee meetings of Heirs Holdings and supported businesses.
- Assist with preparation of board packs and follow up with relevant functions as required.
- Assisting to prepare notices, take and draft minutes as assigned.
- Providing company secretarial support with respect to the keeping and managing of corporate records of Heirs Holdings and supported investee companies, including preparing required corporate forms and resolutions for filing at the CAC.
- Obtaining required signatures, keeping the corporate registers up to date and providing all such other assistance as may be required.
- Providing corporate governance and subsidiary governance support to Heirs Holdings in order to ensure proper and seamless governance and protection of its investments in accordance with best practices.
- Maintain internal legal registers and dashboards relating to contracts, litigation, investments, governance and manage the legal document management and filing system.
- Assist with updates of policy families and ensuring all key policies are identified, updated as required and cascaded to investee companies.
- Drive policy awareness campaigns within the companies supported through emails, physical trainings and other identified platforms on an ongoing basis.
- Administering data protection policies and practices of Heirs Holdings.
- Overseeing and monitoring compliance with the NDPR and other data protection laws, data protection policies, awareness-raising, training, and audits.
- Monitoring and updating the implementation of the data protection policies and practices of Heirs Holdings and ensuring compliance amongst all employees of Heirs Holdings.
- Ensuring that Heirs Holdings undertakes a Data Impact Assessment and curbing potential risk in Heirs Holdings data processing operations.
- Maintaining a data base of all Heirs Holdings data collection and processing operations of Heirs Holdings.
- Advising the business, management, employees and third parties who carry on data processing activities of their obligations under the NDPR.
- Acting as a contact point for Heirs Holdings and liaising with NITDA on issues relating to data processing.
- Providing legal advice on a wide range of legal matters related to Heirs Holding’s operations and businesses (including supported companies) and providing legal assistance with respect to drafting of Heirs Holding’s legal contracts in order to reduce Heirs Holdings risks and liabilities and adequately protect its interests. Providing transactional legal support and transaction management for any transaction HH is involved in.
Qualification / Experience Requirement(s)
- Minimum Qualification: B.Sc Degree
- Preferred Years of Experience: 5 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th December, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.