Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund – International advocacy organization Global Citizen and the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) have partnered to create the Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund (NSSF), a fund for Nigerians by Nigerians to combat the devastating effects on the people of Nigeria by COVID-19 and its associated restrictions. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the lives of every Nigerian, and healthcare systems have become overwhelmed and need critical support.
Funds mobilized through the Solidarity Fund will target three core COVID-19 response areas: supporting the most vulnerable, strengthening healthcare systems, and building capacity (the re-skilling and retooling of the Nigerian youth/workforce) for The New Nigeria. The fund target is to raise $50 million from Nigerians at home and in the diaspora, multilateral organizations, philanthropists (HNIs, foundations) and corporations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Program Manager is expected to position NSSF as a thought leader in public health innovations and supervise grant administration procedures.
S/HE responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
To entrench NSSF as a national, regional, and global thought leader in delivering sustainable healthcare outcomes, the emphasis would be on the following:
- The continual generation of world-class reports and analysis of nascent and sometimes chronic issues, especially pertaining to Nigeria/Africa.
- Organizing fireside discussions to transform NSSF into the hub around which critical Industry news and issues revolve.
- Publishing of at least 2 world-class research into critical trends in partnership with global educational institutions.
- Working with stakeholders to champion advocacy for critical issues.
Provide oversight function to the grant administrator ensuring they achieve agreed deliverables including:
- Develop Project Implementation Manual and Update Grant Policy Guidance.
- Coordination of grant rollout and evaluation.
- Draft quarterly reports for each Fund Strategic Priority Area.
- Facilitate capacity building sessions.
- Develop annual Report
- Management of ongoing grant administration.
- Monthly report on all activities on the grant administration.
- Regular and ad-hoc communication on all activities– with the Fund Manager (CLIENT-NSSF PMU)
Provide oversight function to the Monitoring and Evaluation firm (M&E), ensuring they achieve agreed deliverables, including:
- Submitting an inception approach report to include the M&E approach to the GA and Fund Manager.
- Documenting the findings and make recommendations on the processes.
- Presenting the findings and recommendations of the monitoring and evaluation exercise to the Grants Administrator (GA) and the Fund Managers after concluding the monitoring and evaluation exercise.
- Submit, in the reports, pictures of projects taken during the Field monitoring stage (if e. applicable).
- Propose the percentages for thresholds to be used in deferring/suspending disbursement based on the risk review, considering the progress made in the activities.
- Support Policy and Business Development with regional analysis, horizon scanning, research and implementation, as appropriate.
- Development of advocacy strategy and policy briefs to increase resilience amongst vulnerable Nigerians.
- Provide technical support to Nigerian governments, regional and international agencies.
- Strong academic qualifications (a PhD would be desirable) in Health Development and Initiative Evaluation, International Development, Management, or related field.
- A medical doctor Degree is essential.
- A minimum of 10 years or more in managing large donor or government-funded programs, demonstrated exceptional technical expertise in high-level and high-quality health sector programs.
- 4 years minimum experience as a medical doctor.
- Experience managing reporting relationships with government stakeholders and large development finance organizations is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of the global Health sector and global development context and agenda.
- Strong expertise and experience in designing and implementing development programs in rural areas in Africa.
- Demonstrated experience in managing funds, preferably in the Health Sector.
- A track record of structuring and managing Project-based Grants aimed at supporting the Most Vulnerable Populations, strengthening Healthcare systems and expanding rural and community focused universal health access, ideally funds created by multilateral development donors and/or development finance institutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document in a Word document or PDF to: email@example.com using “Program Manager” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 13th September, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.