The Federal Polytechnic, Namoda is based in Kaura-Namoda, Zamfara State, Nigeria. It was founded in June 1983 by President Shehu Shagari, and has over 5,000 students. The Polytechnic is accredited by the National Board for Technical Education. It provides full-time and part-time courses in Technology, Applied Science, Commerce and Management, leading to National Diplomas and Higher National Diplomas.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Kaura-Namoda, Zamfara
- Framing overall library policy personal contacts and liaison with departments.
- Preparation of library budgets.
- Engaging in matters of common interest.
- Responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of library of the institution e.g attending departmental meetings as members of National Library Association, Library committee e.t.c
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should possess any of the following qualifications and experience:
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Library Science with 15 years cognate experience or a good Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science with at least 18 years cognate experience.
- In any of the above, the applicant must be fully registered member of a recognized relevant professional body
- Knowledge of I.C.T will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit Fifteen (15) copies of their type-written Applications and Curriculum Vitae including photocopies of their Certificates in the following order:
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address including GSM Number and E-mail
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with ages
- Schools attended with dates
- Certificate obtained with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Evidence of community service
- Present appointment with date and salary
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Candidates are required to forward their applications (under confidential cover) to:
The Federal Polytechnic,
PMB 1012, Kaura – Namoda,
- Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them to the registrar.
- All applications and references reports should reach the Registrar on or before the application deadline.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th October, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.