GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Representative
Ref No: 304523
Job Type: Full-time
Site Name: Field Worker – NGA
- The purpose of this job is to implement current GSK sales strategy through sales call on all classes of customers as defined in the marketing plan.
- Comply with HCP engagement guidelines in line with global compliance practices.
- Implement current strategies in promoting GlaxoSmithKline products to Healthcare Professionals through planned execution of Sales and Marketing activities to achieve set objectives.
- Develop and execute sales business plan for GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical products within an assigned territory in accordance with approved marketing strategies ensuring that visits are in line with the full potential of the customer and territory.
- Drive sales growth and market share objectives for designated products in assigned territory through optimal sales activity.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate, solve problems creatively, demonstrate high integrity, focus on the customer (Healthcare professionals) and ensure advocacy for GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical products.
- Keep up to date with the latest approved clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with Healthcare professionals.
- Use Veeva CRM as a tool for documentation of all interactions.
- Align priorities with company short term and long term commercial strategy
- Apply right combination of GSK strategy and market knowledge to optimize accessibility of our products to the patients for their utmost benefit.
- Contribute towards own performance by identifying development areas and discuss improvement plans with Manager.
- Act as an inspirational colleague for the team and contribute ideas and actions to ensure positive competition within team.
- Contributes to the improvements of sales processes and workflow.
- Use currently approved marketing support materials appropriately to influence Healthcare professionals prescribing habits leveraging Patient Focused Selling Skills.
- Carry out all activities in accordance with GSK Values, Commercial Ethics Code and appropriate SOPs.
- Ensure good care of assets allocated for use in performing role and effectively use annual expenditure budget to maximize return on investment.
- Timely completion of key administrative tasks as required by Line manager
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, follow up on every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
- Scope of this position is limited to an assigned territory while collaborating among other team members and sharing knowledge and contribute efforts towards aligned business plans.
- Ability to design and implement annual territory business plan to achieve planned objectives.
- Responsible for territory customers profiling, segmentation & targeting.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of knowledge for product portfolio to ensure effective interactions with Healthcare professionals.
- Work across boundaries with internal and external stakeholders.
- Competence to make required daily calls to Healthcare professionals with emphasis on call rate, call frequency and call coverage.
- Presentation skills for clinical meeting and seminar.
- Strong networking ability and influencing skills.
- Achieve GSK standards in disease and product knowledge.
- Private and public hospital selling.
- Relationship and time management.
- Data analysis & Interpretation.
- Annual certification with full alignment to all related SOPs, policies and local regulations.
- Pharmaceutical science.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics /requirements in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Meet GSK standards of efficiency and effectiveness KPIs.
- Drive scientific discussion through conducting group doctor meetings.
- Market intelligence and timely feedback.
- Care about GSK assets and optimize the company resources.
Application of Knowledge:
- Timely completion of territory and call planning, as well as tracking the implementation.
- Meet the defined skills standards measured by the In-field coaching.
- Meet GSK standards during In-house application (Role Play Assessment).
- Ensure all activities are executed in line with related SOPs, policies and local regulations.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction in the defined territory.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy.
- Registered with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
- Fluency in English.
- Communication skill.
- Selling and Negotiation skill.
- Presentation skill.
- IT literacy.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities effectively.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work in any part of the country.
- Selling experience as a medical representative in the Pharmaceutical industry will be an added advantage.
- Completion of the mandatory NYSC with discharge or exemption certificate.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, together with problem solving and organization skills.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure both independently and within a team.
- Have a strong analytical approach and be able to effectively collect, collate and use data to enhance and improve business results.
- Role Competencies: Aware / Developing Level.
Individual Expectations: Foundational level
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.