Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Locations: 5 in Michika, 10 in Hong, 5 in Gombi LGAs in Adamawa State
Employment Type: Temporary Employment
Start Date: July/August, 2021
Duration: 10 Months
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Slot Required: Twenty (20)
- Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria.
- The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
- The Research Assistant (enumerator) will be responsible for primary data collection during surveys, assessments and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc for Nuru Nigeria in Michika LGA.
- Support Nuru Nigeria M&E unit in the collection of primary data during surveys, assessment and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc
- Ensuring that Nuru Nigeria data collection activities are carried out in line with standard
- Perfect all required data quality checks as instructed during data collection
- Proper records and documentation of all survey materials
- Daily update on activity progress
- Transcribing and translating qualitative data
- At least a National Diploma, NCE or its equivalent with at least One year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Speaks, reads and writes fluently in English, Kamwe, Hausa, Huna, Ganda, Kilba& Fulfulde required
- Knowledge of operational area
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Flexibility in a fast-paced evolving work environment
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision while maintaining high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate ability to operate in both office and field settings
- Prior experience of carrying out surveys, conducting interviews, and undertaking assessments.
- Experience implementing electronic data collection methods
- Previous experience as an emergency or Research Assistant working with an NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrates understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Resident and familiarity with the terrain in North East Nigeria
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Ms Word & Excel programs
- Can operate an android phone
- Strong typing skills
- Strong attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 20th July, 2021
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.