The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State, Nigeria was established in March 2007 under a Federal Government of Nigeria Initiative to build a specialized University to produce unique high level manpower and relevant expertise for the Oil & Gas sector in Nigeria and worldwide. The Act establishing the University was enacted in 2017.
In keeping with the provision of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1993 as amended in 2003, 2007 and 2012, and in exercise of its powers contained therein, the Governing Council wishes to commence the process of filling the vacant position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Effurun, Delta
- The University Librarian as a Principal Officer shall be in-charge of the University Library and its constituent units. He/she shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the operations and management of the University library.
- For this key management position, the University seeks candidates who are innovative, versatile, proactive with excellent managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The right candidate should have the ability to generate innovative ideas that would facilitate the development of the library.
- Candidates must possess a good Doctorate Degree in Library Science from a recognized University with adequate publications in learned journals.
- Applicants must also be computer literate.
- Candidate must have had at least fifteen (15) years of post-qualification, full- time, cognate experience in a public University, the last five years of which must be as a Deputy Librarian.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of University Librarian of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria / Governing Council as appropriate
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a single term of 5 years.
- Fringe benefits include a pension in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Thirty (30) copies of their Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting, among others, the following:
- Full Names
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address
- Cell Phone Number, Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Names of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates
- Professional Qualifications
- Employment Records
- Statement of Experience
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names & Addresses of Three Referees, one of whom must be immediate employer or supervisor.
All Applications should be submitted by courier service under confidential covers in sealed envelopes marked “Post of University Librarian, FUPRE” to reach:
The Office of the Registrar,
Federal University of Petroleum Resources,
P.M.B. 1221, Effurun,
Note: Each applicant must have three (3) Referees who should be requested by the applicant to forward their Referees’ Reports under confidential cover by courier service directly to the Registrar via the address above
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2022.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
Nigeria Agip Exploration (NAE) Limited 2021/2022 post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than the hype.