The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a not-for profit organization founded with the mission of improving the living conditions of Africans by implementing projects contributing to the reduction of poverty, empowerment of women, elimination of conflict, development of rural-communities, and promotion of self-reliance and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
- The responsibilities of the Program officer will cover all aspects of project operations/ management and logistical processes, as specified below, with responsibilities growing as his/her capacity develops.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including subcontract scopes of work, country strategies, progress updates, curricula, and other documents and reports.
- Participate in new business development bids including writing job descriptions, participating in strategic phone calls, providing guidance on proposal budgets and providing administrative support as necessary.
- Perform administrative tasks, including letter writing, database curation and maintaining and updating project folders and spreadsheets.
- Supporting the country manager with the development and implementation of systems for project management and other tasks as required.
- Conduct thorough research as required on development trends, funding prospects and other subjects as required.
- Production of marketing materials when required.
- Ensure correct and innovative Monitoring and Evaluation procedures are undertaken for all current projects.
- Planning and coordinating project field trips with staff, including ensuring adequate and innovative materials are being collected. Facilitate travel arrangements for staff and consultants.
- Programme planning and implementation.
- Oversee and implement the foundation’s social media strategy – ensuring engaging material is posted frequently across all platforms.
- Overall responsibility supporting implementation of individual projects to help ensure timely delivery of high-quality project deliverables, in coordination with the Team Leader.
- Lead on project tracking, including on deliverable deadlines, invoicing schedules.
- Undertake risk management of assigned projects, escalating to country manager when appropriate.
- Drafting and managing deadlines for fundraising proposals.
- Communicating and building strong relationships with potential donors, corporates and partners.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure that the stipulated projects are carried out with successful results and according to set the time.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation procedures are undertaken correctly and escalate the potential risk of projects.
- Manage other team members, plan and coordinate field trips and maintain proper documentation of all projects record.
- Maintain a dynamic and engaging media presence of the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all times.
- B.Sc or BA in any related course.
- 1 – 3 years as programs officer.
- Experience in the NGO space is an added advantage.
Behavioural and Technical Competencies:
- Take initiatives and communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Implement program’s vision and establish its direction.
- Promote and demonstrate ethical values.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 19th July, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.