Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. Our 45,000 people come from all over the world, representing more than 100 nationalities. We market world-renowned brands in more than 130 countries with 409 offices, 29 factories, and 8 research & development centers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consumer & Trade Activation Supervisor
Job ID: 41821
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Professional area: Marketing
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
We are looking for a Consumer & Trade Activation Supervisor to be responsible for the assigned markets/projects to:
- Participate pro-actively in Brand management & New Product Development initiatives
- Develop and implement effective branded Consumer & Trade programs focused on achieving SOM objectives as well as other KPIs
- Ensure timely and accurate admin support (budget planning & control, reporting) to the West Africa organization
The incumbent will report directly to the Marketing Director West Africa and transversally to the Marketing Manager West Africa.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Contribute actively to the New Product Development briefing, involving close collaboration with R&D and Global Supply Chain departments to ensure timely development
- Assist the Marketing Manager West Africa in developing Strategies and plans for the assigned brands
- Support the Marketing Manager in stewardship of the largest local brand
- Ensure that all brand portfolio strategies are executed within global guidelines by working in close collaboration with HQ Brand Groups
- Liaise closely with Legal and Corporate Affairs teams to ensure that all Marketing & Trade programs and initiatives are compliant with JTI Global Marketing Standards and the Markets regulation.
Branded Consumer Activation & Communication:
- Develop consumer programs for the assigned markets and coordinate their timely implementation:
- Create and manage consumer promotional initiatives within brand guidelines
- Plan and develop consumer activities across all channels and touch points
- Measure performance and recommend corrective actions
Branded Trade Activation & Communication:
- Develop branded Trade activities influencing awareness and equity for the assigned markets and coordinate their timely implementation:
- Trade and channel prioritization
- Brand KPI’s: Numerical Distribution, Weighted Distribution
- Portfolio prioritization
- Category, shelf, merchandising, POPM
- Branded trade promotional initiatives
- Measure performance and recommend corrective actions for the branded Initiatives
Budget Planning & Control:
- Manage multiple marketing agencies and international suppliers on a timely and cost effective manner, ensuring compliance with JTI standards in terms of purchase & payment procedures
- Manage the Purchase requisition process, from timely & accurate preparation of the requisition to confirmation of the payment to the vendor, ensuring proper documentation as per JTI standards
- Monitor Marketing budget utilization, tracking actuals spending and monthly phasing vs plan
- Support Global Indirect Procurement team on any vendor and/or budget reporting requirement
- Contribute actively to the preparation of:
- Regular reports & business presentations (e.g.: brand boards, monthly in market sales reports, business cases, performance analysis, Annual plans, Business Reviews)
- Any other types of tasks as they arise and upon manager’s request
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sales, Marketing or Administration, preferably within an FMCG environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools & understanding of SAP application is required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.