Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Reference ID: 2021-397
Location: Onne, Rivers
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Master for the safe and efficient operation of all machinery.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks
- Samples analysis management
- Ensure that all anti-pollution precautions are undertaken whilst transferring or loading hydrocarbons
- Responsible to the Master for correctly filling in the Oil Record Book part I and/or II as applicable to ship design.
- Responsible to the Technical Manager at head office for the planned maintenance of all machinery and inventory of spare parts and of Dry Dock job list preparation, as per company regulations.
- All Maintenance tasks are fully planned using Task Assistant software program which shall be kept permanently updated
- Complete monthly condition reports on vital equipment
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- Chief Engineer Certificate of Competency (capacity dependent on tonnage of vessel)
- Main Engines MAK 9M25 2970 KW x 2
- Auxiliary engines Cummins QSM11-DM 250 KW X 2
- Main propulsion Schottel SRP3030
- Proven, verifiable working experience on-board a Supply Vessel as a Chief Engineer or 2nd Engineer
- Possession of all required STCW Certificates and Mandatories
- Experience on Tug Rastar 3800 design as per below machinery specs
Minimum level of experience required:
- +5 years
Licenses (seafearers only):
- Chief Engineer <3000 KW (A-III/3)
- Chief Engineer <5000 KW (A-III/2)
- Chief Engineer Unlimited (A-III/2)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Above mentioned list of duties is not exhaustive and tasks on board vessels assigned to this position are not limited to above list
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.