Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Coordinator
Locations: Adamawa, Bauchi, Kano, Jigawa, Borno, and Yobe
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Technical Coordinator for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through the improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano, and Yobe States.
- The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment;
- Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and
- Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- This position will be based in Adamawa, Bauchi, Kano, Jigawa, Borno, and Yobe, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the state team in strengthening reporting system on program progress against stated objectives, program deliverables, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Assist State program team with the development of work plans, strategies, and implementation; coordinate with field teams to gather performance updates for SPM review.
- Coordinate and monitor local sub-recipient activities in the state and progress against agreed-upon deliverables, sub-award terms and conditions, and targets and identify gaps for corrective action where needed.
- In collaboration with State Program a manager, develop and format information for internal as well as external dissemination in form of memos, presentations, emails, or reports.
- Help team in developing agenda for the state meetings, coordinate invitation to stakeholders; take minutes of such meetings, workshops, and disseminate with relevant groups as directed.
- Establish and maintain information flow between country office and state offices, coordinate periodic communications, and identify success stories for the State Program Manager review.
- Proffer advice on the coordination and monitoring of local sub-recipient activities in the state and progress against agreed-upon deliverables, sub-award terms and conditions, and targets and identify gaps for corrective action where needed.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor consistent with the scope of the position.
- The Technical Coordinator will report directly to the State Program Manager with dotted reporting to the Senior Activity Manager.
- As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the Technical Coordinator will be expected to closely coordinate his work with other project staff, stakeholders/partners, and USAID as per direction from the State Program Manager and the Senior Activity Manager.
- A first degree in Medicine, Nursing, health sciences, or its recognized equivalent. A master’s in public health is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project management with at least 3 years of relevant experience in HIV Program Implementation.
- Experience with donor-funded projects, particularly USAID and/or PEPFAR preferred
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID) as well as international not-for-profit organizations.
- Work independently with the initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as a team member. The high degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa language communication.
- Ability to multi-task with conflicting priorities
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi-sectoral development project.
- Excellent community mobilization, advocacy, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- For enquiries; please send an email to SHARPTO3recruit@nigeriasharpto3.com. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. The finalists will be contacted.
- This position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 31st January, 2021