Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Ref No: OPKELLA-ICO-00010
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Category: Finance / Account
- Assist in maintaining financial controls with respect to assigned functional areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate accounting procedures including month-end procedures and timetables for the month-end and year-end closing for assigned functional area.
- Identify control issues such as undefined balances, un-posted entries, balance sheet imbalances, etc. and raising queries for resolution of these issues.
- Monitor the status of budget spending/ activity and review financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with DCP Nigeria’s finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare month-end financial statements and analysis of expenditures for assigned functional area.
- Provide assistance in resolving queries and preparation of cost centre reports.
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are properly maintained, reconciled and discrepancies are promptly addressed.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Financial Control & Reporting
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Sound business acumen.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development Opportunities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.