Seplat Petroleum is a leading indigenous Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company in Nigeria, with dual listing on the Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Corporate Safety
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
About the job
- Provide leadership to the Business to drive Safety strategy, formulation, and effective delivery of policies, processes, plans, programs, and systems to guarantee compliance with overall Safety procedures and guidelines of employees and contractors in all Seplat facilities, to assure continuous improvement in Safety achievements across the organization.
- Develop and drive the delivery of the corporate policies, systems, plans and programmes to assure the attainment of world-class safety performance within Seplat, in line with Nigerian and UK legislations.
- Accountable for assuring the alignment of Safety management programmes to the corporate and HSE business plan.
- Accountable for creating a culture of proactive safe behaviours and practices towards creating a safety mindset in all areas of Seplat operations – office and field-based operations.
- Actively network and interface with regulators, industry leaders and appropriate levels of stakeholders for effective partnership in the implementation of HSE practices and programmes.
- Assure compliance to the Incident Management System to ensure prompt investigation, proper reporting and management of HSE incidents in line with Nigeria and UK standards and lateral applications of key learnings in the company
- Provide assurance and professional advice to the business that HSE management & controls are consistent with set standards and policies.
- Champion the integration and deployment of sustainable culture and safety practices into the business as well as the monitoring of safety implementation in Operations, Projects, Community Affairs etc teams
- Manage the Safety aspects of the HSE risk management framework and implement an audit plan to enforce compliance across all departments; tracking and reporting issues, incidents, KPIs etc.
- Deploy a robust HSE Management framework that is ISO 14001/45001 compliant, providing assurance to stakeholders, regulators and investors on Seplat’s HSE management practices.
- Relevant First Degree in Engineering or Technical Sciences
- NEBOSH Certification
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years E&P experience, with at least 5 years in a senior HSE critical role.
- Skilled level in safety management, with practical exposure in the management of multi-disciplined teams
- Good interpersonal & leadership skills, and ability to influence people
- At least a Skill level in Emergency Response and HEMP Tools.
- A good change agent – and able to manage paradigm shifts.
- Sound knowledge of HSE Policies, Procedures and organization management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.