The Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) was established in 1978 by the Lagos State Edict No. 1 of 1978 with retroactive effect from June 1, 1977. The Polytechnic with administrative headquarters at Ikorodu is established for the training of middle and high-level technical manpower. Currently, the Polytechnic has over 20,000 Full- Time and Part-Time students on roll and runs 67 NBTE Accredited Programmes at both National and Higher National Diploma levels in Agriculture, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Management Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences, and Technology, on its three campuses located at lsolo, Surulere and Ikorodu.
The Lagos State Polytechnic is a Polytechnic of Excellence. it has built a strong collaboration with the British, Israeli and French Governments; the African Network for Scientific and Technological Institutions (ANSTI), the European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI) and the Commonwealth Association of Technical Universities and Polytechnic in Africa (CAPA). Others include the Raw Materials Research & Development Council (RMRDC), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) Nigerian Institute of Management NIM), Estate Surveyors Valuation Registration Board, Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON), Quality Surveyors Registration Board, Chartered insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN), Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIRN), etc.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director, Works and Services – CONTEDISS 15
- The Director, Works & Services is the Administrative Head of the Department of Works & Services.
- He reports to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the department. Please note that this office is tenured for a period of four years, renewable only once; subject to satisfactory performance.
- Exercising overall control of the Works and Services Department.
- Formulating departmental strategies to achieve the institutional goals.
- Planning and controlling the technical activities of the Works and Services Department.
- Advising the Rector on the acquisition, operation and maintenance of the Polytechnic’s assets.
- Preparing the Works and Services budget and exercising budgetary controls.
- Keeping an inventory of all Polytechnic vehicles, and has responsibility for their maintenance, security and up-keep.
- Supervision of all staff in the Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must not be less than a serving Chief Engineer (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical) in a reputable tertiary educational institution.
- He/She should have at least 15 years post-qualification experience preferably in a tertiary educational institution.
- He/She must possess excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Membership of a recognized and related professional body is mandatory.
- Candidates must have a good Honour’s Degree and Master’s Degree in related field e.g Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree in the related field will be an added advantage.
- The basic salary of the Director, Works & Services is in line with the Consolidated Tertiary Education Institutions Salary Structure (CONTEDISS) 15, including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of the Institution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send twenty (20) copies each of their typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving the details in the following order:
- Post desired
- Full Name, with surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality and how acquired
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail address and mobile phone numbers
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional).
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institution(s) attended with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates, indicating duties
- Present Employer
- Post and Salary (evidence of salary will be demanded at the interview)
- Publication(s) (if any)
- Names of three (3) Referees: Employer, Educational and Personal
- Normal Signature.
Applications are to be forwarded in fully sealed envelops to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH),
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence, where applicable and bring the originals of their credentials to the interview.
- Applicants are also required to request Referees to forward confidential reports on their behalf, to the Registrar, Lagos State Polytechnic
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2021
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.