Montego Upstream Services Limited is an independent diversified natural resources company which was founded in 2010. The company’s line of business includes providing professional engineering services. We apply skill, market intelligence and entrepreneurial aptitude to everything we do. By being efficient, flexible and proactive, we add value for our customers and stakeholders. We act responsibly, focusing on the long-term and investing in assets, infrastructure and relationships. By employing local nationals, we build strong relationships with local communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Manager
- Represent the company in all operational matters in respect to the Port Harcourt site. Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation within the sphere of authority granted;
- Stimulate supervise, direct, and evaluate the performance of key operational personnel within the plant; protect the companies best interest at all times. Manage and optimize the functions of the base in support of all MONTEGO’s operations.
- Participate in budget preparation to ensure understanding of required levels of activity.
- Control cost of base functions by frequent cost analysis. Determine means of improving efficiency and reducing costs where possible.
- Initiate controls to ensure efficient application of base assets and personnel, to operational requirements.
- Ensure that spares and consumables usage are kept under reasonable control without affecting the efficiency of the operations or the quality of the maintenance.
- To lead through effective safety leadership by being personally responsible for administration and Implementation of the QHSEMS.
- Ensure compliance with company QHSE policies by all personnel.
- Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level in accordance with policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure Waste Management Plan is adhered to.
- To ensure a safe working environment without harm to persons or environment.
- To address QHSE issues at the time of their identification and ensure timely and accurate communication of events to CEO.
- Ensure that Client and company’s commitment to safety reaches all levels of the operation.
- Assure that base assets and functions are adequate to meet the needs of operations.
- Support operations through effective utilization of workshop and support functions.
- Manage and oversee the utilization of resources across the zone, equipment and personnel, to minimize NPT (non-productive time).
- Oversee and direct logistics and assignments.
- Promote and market MONTEGO’s services, in line with the vision of the company.
- Maintain regular contact with operations staff by personally visiting rigs / yards.
- To take responsibility for overall staff to ensure a motivated, disciplined and productive workforce
- Appraise each direct report on a constant rolling feedback basis. Drive the appraisal process throughout the plant ensuring that performance is at optimal level.
- To agree and monitor key safety, financial, business process improvement and personal objectives, for each direct report.
- Organize plant operations by delegating authority and responsibility
- Ensure all work is performed within the requirements and guidance of the company’s operational processes.
- Initiate and monitor all major maintenance and repair work, in collaboration with the Administrative Department.
- Must ensure fast and detailed reporting in writing of any problems occurring at the plant.
- To instigate, drive and take ultimate responsibility for continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the internal processes, meet business needs.
- Provide supervision to all personnel, to ensure a safe and professional level of performance and ensure that the team stays current with changes in industry technology.
- Ensure that training programs are maintained in line with training matrix organization for all support personnel.
- Recommend competency based promotions, salary changes, transfers, disciplinary measures where identified.
- Take immediate action on performance improvement issues and leave a direct response culture (positive and negative) to the employee; secure a prompt feedback.
Customer / Public Relations:
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Promote good communication with client representatives and make sure misunderstanding or bad communication, does not develop within the workforce.
- Promote good Community relations
- Any other delegated responsibilities, as instructed by Management, within the time-frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Business, Engineering or any related Degree
- Capacity to understand new technology
- Computer literacy required
- A minimum of 5 years upstream oilfield experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 25th July, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.